Navamsa (D9) chart reading for marriage,career,spirituality
Navamsa signifies 9 Amsa. It literally means the 9 aspects in our life. It is a divisional chart and has been given immense importance in Vedic Astrology. Here Amsa means division. Therefore Navamsa means 9th division of a sign.
Navamsa chart is very important for analyzing your chart in full. It can allow for exact and accurate prediction. It also allows an experienced astrologer to understand and suggest remedial measures for the people under distress. It offers more detailed information about your married life. If the Lagna and 7th houses of Navamsa are not afflicted, it can overcome problems in the Rashi chart in most cases.
Calculation of the Navamsa chart.
Now we will discuss the calculation of the Navamsa chart.
Each sign is 30 degrees. So the entire Zodiac of 12 signs will be 360 degrees. When the span of a sign, 30 degrees is divided by 9, we get 3 degrees 20 minute. This 3 degree 20 minute is the span of each Navamsa. According to this calculation, there are 108 Navamsas for the 12 signs.
Read: 1st Lord or Ascendant Lord in 4th House
There is quite a more simple method to calculate Navamsa without any Hassle.
The Navamsa of any movable sign starts from that sign itself. The Navamsa for fixed signs will start from the 9th sign from the fixed sign under consideration. For dual signs Navamsa will start from the 5th sign from the dual sign. As per the above calculation, we will also have to place the ascendant in the respective Navamsa.
Each Rashi consists of 2 and ¼ parts of Nakshatras or constellations. So each and every Rashi has 9 nakshatra pada and each of them will become a part of the division
The signs are also classified by Tatwas-Fiery, Earthy, and Airy and watery. The Navamsa for fiery signs- Aries, Leo, Sagittarius will start only from Aries sign. Similarly Earthy signs- Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn start from Capricorn sign; Airy signs- Gemini, Libra, Aquarius will start from the sign of Libra and the last but not the list, the Watery signs- Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces start only from the sign for Cancer.
It is not possible to analyze a Horoscope in detail without the Navamsa chart.
Importance of Navamsa chart (D-9 chart)
Navamsa is perhaps the most important divisional chart. It is used to find your inherent qualities. After checking the Rashi chart or D1 chart, most of the Astrologers study the D9 chart.
The Navamsa will tell us the actual strength of any planet. It also indicates additional information regarding the power and quality of the planet. It will determine whether a planet can give good results or not. The good or bad results largely depend upon its position on the Navamsa chart.
Book Your Consultation
Usages of Navamsa chart
So we can list the following usages of Navamsa chart.
- Navamsa is used to understand the strength of a planet. If a planet is exalted in Rashi chart, but debilitated in Navamsa, it will fail to give the desired result. The condition of a planet in the D9 chart will give a hint about the kind of result it can deliver in its period.
- Navamsa is widely used to understand your married life. It is the main divisional chart for checking marriage prospects. Navamsa will indicate whether your marriage will be happy or not. It will also give a lot of information about your life partner like his/her physical appearance, profession etc.
- Navamsa charts should also be used to judge career and professional success. The placement, association and conjunction of planets in the Navamsa chart can determine your profession.
- The D9 chart is helpful to understand our spiritual growth and religious inclination.
- In case of child birth we also need to check the D9 chart along with D1 and D7 charts.
- We should also judge the Navamsa chart to get indications about our higher studies and education. It will help to analyze our potentiality to achieve higher education. It helps us to understand the most beneficial or suitable stream for us.
Read: 1st Lord or Ascendant Lord in 2nd House
How to judge marriage from Navamsa chart
Navamsa is the main divisional chart for checking the marriage prospect.
So I will give some Astrological principles which will help you to check the married life from the Navamsa or D9 chart.
Read: Love Marriage or Arrange Marriage
- At first we need to know about the 7thhouse of the D9 chart. We all know that the 7th house is the most important house for marriage and relationships. As Navamsa is the divisional chart for marriage, the importance of 7th house in D9 chart is even more.
We need to check the planets placed in the 7th house of Navamsa. If there is any malefic like Rahu, Ketu, Sun, Saturn or Mars it is not considered good for a happy marriage. But planets like Jupiter, Moon, Venus and Mercury in 7th house will bless you with a happy married life.
- Then we need to check the condition of the 7th Lord of Navamsa. For a happy and peaceful marriage, the 7thLord of Navamsa should not be afflicted or debilitated or weak. If it is weak or afflicted, it will give problems in married life where as a strong 7th Lord will protect your marriage and relationship.
- The 4thhouse of Navamsa is also important as the 4th house indicates overall happiness and Navamsa is all about marriage and relationship. So the 4th house of Navamsa is also significant for happiness in marriage. Malefic planets like Rahu, Mars, and Saturn etc are not good in the 4th house of Navamsa.
- We should also judge the condition of the 7th Lord of Rashi or D1 chart. The 7thLord of D1 chart should not be debilitated in Navamsa or afflicted by malefic in Navamsa. If in debilitation or affliction, it can create problems in married life. But a well placed 7th Lord in Navamsa will give you a stable marriage.
- The condition of Navamsa Lagna Lord should also be considered in this regard. The Navamsa Lagna Lord should not be debilitated or afflicted by any malefic or malefics.
- The main significator for marriage and relationship is Venus. So the placement of Venus in Navamsa or D9 chart is equally important. It should not be debilitated in Navamsa. If Venus is afflicted by Ketu, Saturn or Rahu in Navamsa, it is not considered good for relationships. On the other hand, Venus in Virgo, Scorpio or Gemini Navamsa sign is also not very auspicious.
Read: Navamsa chart prediction for marriage
We need to apply these principles along with the analysis of the D1 chart. If your D1 chart indicates marital problems and your Navamsa chart also indicates troubles, the relationship will suffer. It can even break.
If your D1 chart indicates a happy marriage and your Navamsa indicates the unhappiness, you may face some problems though it will be sorted out.
If your D1 chart indicates unhappy marriage but your Navamsa has an indication of happy marriage, then you will not have to face major problems in your marriage or married life.
Thus the role of Astrology has a great contribution to the success of married life.
Read: Lagna Lord or Ascendant Lord in Seventh House
Navamsa plays a very vital role in marriage partner production. Planets positioned in the 7th house of Navamsa, 7th sign of Navamsa and the 7th Lord of Navamsa or D9 chart will be the main factors to indict the nature, character, look and profession of your life partner. So if we minutely analyse the 7th house and 7th Lord of D9 chart, we will get a lot of information about your prospective life partner.
If you want to know the status of the family of your prospective spouse, you should judge the strength of the Lord of 7th house. A strong Lord of the 7th house determines that your spouse will be from a rich family while a weak 7th house Lord indicates the poor condition of your spouse.
Now I will be discussing the influence of every planet in Navamsa. Let’s see how the planet will work for your spouse.
Sun: If the Sun occupies the 7th house in Navamsa, your spouse will be of wheatish complexion. He or She will have a good personality. He will be of average height and will have a deep voice.
Moon: When the Moon roles over the 7th house and is waxing, your spouse will be good looking. He or she will have fair complexion with a silky smooth and spotless skin. He or she will be of childish behavior by nature. He or She will have large eyes. Your spouse will be innocent and that will be an attraction in his or her personality.
Mars: If Mars occupies 7th house of Navamsa, your spouse will be egoistic in nature. Lack of compromising ability will be seen within your spouse. He or she will have a well-developed body. Though he or she may have short temper, your spouse will be very active smart and talkative.
Read: Lagna Lord or Ascendant Lord (1st Lord) in Tenth House
Mercury: With strong Mercury in Navamsa 7th house, you will get a good looking spouse. Your spouse will be well educated and will have a witty mind. But if there is a malefic Mercury with bad association, your spouse may not have these good qualities. This is an adverse position in respect of mental disposition of your spouse.
Jupiter: When Jupiter roles over your 7th house in Navamsa, it can give you a beautiful spouse. Your spouse will be intelligent and of fair complexion. He or she possesses an attractive personality.
Venus: If Venus occupies the 7th house, your spouse will be generally fair and beautiful. He or she will be very attractive and will have a decent manner. Your spouse will have interest in music, fine Arts etc. He or she will love comfort and luxury. An exalted Venus can bless you with an exceptionally beautiful spouse of charming personality. As Venus is the planet of beauty.
Saturn: A predominant Saturn in the 7th house may give you a spouse with a good mentality. He or she may be unimpressive and look quite older than his or her age. She or he may be irritating and quarrelsome. But an exalted Saturn can help you to get rid of those problems.
Rahu: When Rahu occupies the 7th house of your D9 chart, it can make your partner very broad minded. He or she will refuse to accept any kind of orthodox thought. He or she will have interest in photography, movies etc. Rahu in the 7th house of Navamsa will give you a very materialistic life partner.
Ketu: When the 7th house of D9 chart is occupied by Ketu. It can give your partner a spiritual bent of mind. He or she will have interest in religious practices. He or she will also will be involved in spiritual or occult maters. Your spouse will be an expert in computer and mathematics. He/she will have a research oriented mindset and will try to dig deep into everything.
So when you analyze the Navamsa chart along with the D1 chart, you will be able to make correct predictions about your marriage and spouse.
Read: Lagna Lord or Ascendant Lord in Ninth House
Vargottama: When a planet is in the same sign both in both the Rashi chart and Navamsa chart, it is called Vargottama. It is a divisional chart where the natal and Navamsa dispositor will be the same. Such a planet is extremely powerful to give good results.
Whenever a planet is Vargottama, the qualities of that planet will become the part of your character.
If the Lagna or ascendant of the native becomes Vargottama, it is highly beneficial. The Lagna will become extremely powerful and its Lord will give you a great height.
If Mars is in Aries both in the Rashi and Navamsa chart, it is set to be the own-house Vargottama. This own house Vargottama is very good and makes the planet very strong.
Saturn in Aries in both the charts is set to be debilitated Vargottama. But this kind of Vargottama where the planet is debilitated in both Rashi and Navamsa is not good.
The Sun in the same situation will be said exalted Vargottama. Exalted Vargottama, where the planet is exalted in both Rashi and Navamsa chart, is very good.
In our Vedic Astrology there are several types of Vargottama. Some of them are benefic and some are not.
Benefic Vargottama ascendant are-
Taurus ascendant-Taurus Navamsa
Gemini ascendant-Gemini Navamsa
Cancer ascendant-Cancer Navamsa
Virgo ascendant-Virgo Navamsa
Libra ascendant-Libra Navamsa
Sagittarius ascendant- Sagittarius Navamsa
Pisces ascendant-Pisces Navamsa
Some malefic Vargottama ascendant are-
Aries ascendant-Aries Navamsa
Leo ascendant-Aries Navamsa
Scorpio ascendant-Scorpio Navamsa
Capricorn ascendant-Capricorn Navamsa
Aquarius ascendant-Aquarius Navamsa
Sometimes the planets in their own house in Rashi chart move to the other house owned by them in Navamsa. This position is called Swa-Navamsa. For example if Mars is in Aries in Rashi chart but is posited in Scorpio in Navamsa, it is said to be in Swa-Navamsa. Accordingly Venus in Libra in Rashi chart and in Taurus Navamsa, is also considered Swa-Navamsa.
Navamsa in career
Navamsa or D9 chart is generally used to make marriage predictions. But we should also use the divisional chart for career as well. Navamsa chart is the extension of 9th house. The 9th house is the house of our fortune or fate. We need the help of fortune or luck at every turn in your life. So Navamsa plays an important role in career, finance, prosperity and all sorts of major things in our life.
We know that the 10th house of D1 chart is all about our career and profession. So the 10th Lord and planets in the 10th house will give you a lot of indication about your job, business, profession, success etc.
Now let me tell you some important factors to check in the Navamsa chart to make a clear career analysis.
Check the strength of the ascendant Lord, 10th Lord, and 6th Lord in the Navamsa chart. The 10th Lord or ascendant Lord or 6th Lord of D1 chart should not be debilitated or afflicted or in enemy sign in D9 chart. If the 10th Lord of D1 chart is debilitated or weak in Navamsa chart, it will bring problems in career.
Check the strength of the planets posited in the 10th house of D1 chart in Navamsa. For example, the Sun is placed in the 10th house of D1 chart. It should not be debilitated or afflicted in the Navamsa chart.
If the position of any planet improves in the Navamsa chart over its position in the natal chart, it gives a beneficial result. Suppose, a planet is debilitated in natal chart, but is exalted or in its own sign in Navamsa, it will give beneficial results.
The Navamsa Lord of 10th Lord of D1 chart may indicate your profession. For example, if Sun is your 10th Lord and is in Aries Navamsa, the ruler of Aries Mars can indicate your profession.
Planets in the Navamsa Lagna or in trying of Navamsa Lagna indicated our inborn talent. So if we choose a profession as per our talent, the possibility of success will definitely increase.
Planets in the 10th house of Navamsa will have a directed influence on our profession. The 10th house of D9 chart is known as the Lakshmi Sthana. So planets in the 10th house of the D9 chart will have a direct bearing in our earnings.
Marriage time from Navamsa chart
In case of marriage time prediction, we should not neglect the Navamsa or D9 chart. The Lagna Lord of Navamsa, 7th Lord of Navamsa, planets sitting in the 7th house of Navamsa plays an important role in predicting marriage.
But, before predicting the age for marriage, we have to understand whether early marriage or late marriage is indicated in your Navamsa or D9 chart. If planets like Saturn, Ketu etc occupies the 7th house of Navamsa it will create delay in your marriage.
If these malefic planets also aspect or conjunct with the 7th Lord of Navamsa, it will also give late marriage. So, after understanding whether you have late or early marriage, we have to check the appropriate Dasha and transit. If you are running through a favorable period and transit, marriage can happen.
There are some combinations to determine the possibility of marriage. There as follows –
- Marriage is promised in the Dasha of planets posited in the 7thhouse of D9 chart.
- Marriage can happen in the period of Navamsa Lagna Lord.
- Planets conjunct or aspected by the 7thLord of Navamsa can also make chances of marriage in their Dasha.
- The Chara Dasha of the D9 7thhouse can also give you marriage.
- The transit of Jupiter in the 7thsign of Navamsa can also make the marriage possible.
- In the Navamsa or D9 chart, marriage can occur in the Chara Dasha of the 7thsign from the Darakaraka planet.
Read: Marriage partner prediction from astrology
Puskar Navamsa is one of the topics which are not much discussed in our Vedic Astrology. Pushkara is a specle energy that nourishes. In Astrology, there are certain parts of the Zodiac where we can be healed and our soul can be purified.
These positions are known as Puskara bhaga and Pushkara Navamsa. So Pushkara Navamsa nourishes and enhances the quality of the planet placed within it. Pushkara bhagas are specle degrees which can give good luck and positive energy to your chart. Pushkara are not discussed in many texts.
But if an Astrologer dig deep, he will surely come to know about this secret part of Vedic Astrology. So this part of Vedic Astrology is essential to give a deeper insight to the Astrologers.
Puskara Navamsa are auspicious Navamsa which are ruled only by benefic planets. The planets in Pushkar Navamsa behave in an auspicious manner.
Now let’s discusses the classifications of Puskar Navamsa through Nakshatras padas-
- Ketu Nakshatras (Ashwini, Magha and Mula) do not have any Pushkar Navamsa.
- 3rdPada (Libra) of Venus Naksthastras- bharani, Purva Phalguni, Purva Ashadha.
- 1stPada, Sagittarius and 4th Pada, Pisces of Sun Naksthras- Krittika, Uttara Phalguni, Uttara Ashadha.
- 2ndPada Taurus of Moon Nakshatras – Rohini, Hasta, Shravana.
- Mars (Mirgasira, Chitra and Dhanishta) do not have any Pushkar Navamsa.
- 4thPada Pisces of Rahu Nakshtra- Ardra, Swati and Shatabhishak.
Atmakaraka planet in Navamsa
In Jaimini astrology, there are seven karakas that represent seven different things in our life. The karakas are measured by degrees and based on their degrees each of them has a certain role in the horoscope.
The planets with the highest to lowest degree are given a particular karaka name. The planet having the highest degree (0-30) becomes the Atmakaraka. The planets Rahu, Ketu, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto can never be a part of it.
After figuring out the Atmakaraka, we should observe the placement of the sign of that planet in the Navamsa chart. The placement of Atmakaraka in Navamsa is known as Karakamsa. This placement indicates your spiritual and professional life. Here, you can see the desires of the soul or “Atma’ through the Karakamsa.
When examining the placement of Atmakaraka in Navamsa, you should notice the planet sitting in 12th from the Atmakaraka, if there is any, it indicates the matters related to the soul. Malefic planets like Mars, Rahu or Saturn in the 12th from the Atmakaraka will show the lessons still to learn before the elevation.
A benefic in 12th from the Atmakaraka shows the movement of the soul to the higher world after the physical death. Ketu in 12th from the Atmakaraka determines the gain of ‘Moksha’. If multiple planets occupy the 12th house from Atmakaraka, then the planet with the highest degree in the natal chart will take the lead.
But one may not have any planet in 12th from Atmakaraka quite often. Then we can use the lord of the sitting sign with the sign itself. A malefic lord can give you trouble to reach the ‘Moksha’ whereas a benefic will make that quite easy.
Placement of the 9th house from the Karakamsa shows your achievement in spiritual studies. It will show the luck and smoothness of your soul to achieve the above. If there is malefic in 9th from the Atmakaraka, then you may have to struggle to make the spiritual world out. But, a benefic planet will make the way to realize that one easily with its blessing.
Spiritual progress from Navansa chart
Devotion to Religion
Navamsa is also referred to check the devotion of a person towards his/her religion. We must differentiate between religion and spiritualism. Religion is the path imposed by the society and the family you are born in.
Spiritualism is not bound by them and is the inner urge of a person. Here we are discussing religion and not spiritualism. Every person is religious at least to some extent.
Trines of a horoscope are the dharma trines. Simply we must therefore check the trines of Navamsa for the involvement of a person in religion. The lords of a house carry out the wish of the house.
The trine lords of Navamsa must be related with each other and with the trine houses of Navamsa to make a person religious. Ninth house is the most important house for religion.
The trines of the birth chart are also dharma houses. Thus the lords of trines of birth chart are also to be related in Navamsa.
Another version says that the lord of the ninth house of birth horoscope should be related to trines of Navamsa. This rule must be seen for devotion to religion. Secondly the ninth lord of Navamsa should also relate to the trines of Navamsa.
Any malefic influence (except trine lords) is not welcome. They will not allow the person to follow religion faithfully. The three houses of dharma trine are first, fifth and ninth. We check their significations.
First house must be strong. It should be related to trine lords or natural benefics. The lord of lagan need not be strong
This is the house of intuition and poorva punya. A relationship with a Lagna or Lagna lord with a fifth house is a gift of God. The relation with the ninth promotes intuition towards religion. Ninth house
It is the main house of religion. Its lord is the indicator of direction where the devotion will be carried out by the person.
Book Your Consultation
Moon is the significator of mind. For devotion to any karma we need determination. Devotion needs concentrated effort for a long duration. Moon must have the capacity to sustain adversity. The malefic influence on the Moon is required. This is seen in Navamsa.
Mars and Saturn are two malefic planets. Signs ruled by them are also considered malefic. Moon should occupy the sign of Mars and be with Saturn or aspected by Saturn. Moon should occupy the sign of Saturn and be with Mars or aspected by Mars. This combination is classical sanyas yoga.
Benefic association makes the Moon soft and the person lacks endurance. Placement of the Moon in a sign of benefic planet and aspect of a benefic is not welcome for continued devotion. Benefic relation with Moon give a calm mind. Even Rahu, being malefic, its association with the Moon is not good. Rahu distracts towards material things.
Venus is the planet of lust and luxury. The condition of Venus is checked in Navamsa. Venus must be under check to overcome the lust and luxury. Therefore Venus should be under double malefic influence. Venus can be exalted but debilitation of Venus gives base thoughts.
Ninth lord from Moon
Ninth lord from Moon in Navamsa is now seen in Navamsa. This lord must influence trines from the Moon in the Navamsa. When the Moon is debilitated in Navamsa then the ninth lord from Moon is Moon itself. Such persons have inbuilt devotion to religion. The benefic or malefic association will further mould the devotion. This is an important condition.
Jupiter in Navamsa
In the Navamsa chart Jupiter must influence the Lagna or Lagna lord of Navamsa. An afflicted Jupiter is of no use. Jupiter influence on tenth house of Navamsa is equally beneficial.
Ninth lord of birth chart
Another important factor is the ninth lord of birth chart. The ninth lord of birth chart should be in the first or ninth house of Navamsa. This lord should influence the first or ninth house by aspect as a second option. As the third option it should be conjunct or aspect first or ninth lord. Ninth lord of the birth horoscope should occupy a trine or Kendra sign of birth chart.
We take a horoscope for understanding these points.
There are 2 most important charts in Vedic astrology, the birth chart (natal chart or d1 chart) and the d9 chart ( Navamsa chart). People usually tend to get confused between the two, but both these charts are different from each other. In this guide, we will be taking you through many interesting insights about the navamsa chart (d9 chart), how it is different from the birth chart, d9 chart analysis, and much more. Dive more!
What is the Navamsa Chart (d9 Chart)?
There are a total of 12 zodiac signs. When each sign is divided into 9 equal parts, those 9 parts together make the d9 chart. It has a similar concept to the d10 chart (dasamsa chart) where every zodiac sign is divided into 10 equal parts, and all those 10 parts together make the dasamsa chart. To put it simply, a d9 chart is a divisional chart of every zodiac sign.
What is the Difference Between the d1 Chart and the d9 Chart?
D1 is the natal chart that’s more popularly known as the birth chart. This chart contains all the 12 Houses, 12 Zodiac signs, and 9 planets. Which means, it gives a 360° view of a person’s life.
D9 chart, on the other hand, is a deeper analysis of 1 zodiac sign in the birth chart. This means it’s a division of a zodiac sign into 9 equal parts. It’s just an elaboration of 1 part (1 zodiac sign) out of all the 12 parts that a birth chart is made of.
Bear in mind, d9 chart navamsa comes second to a birth chart in Vedic astrology and is mostly used to analyze marriage, the strength of the planets, and the destiny of the native.
5 Points that Matter in Navamsa Chart (D9 Chart )Analysis
A D9 chart has to be read in tandem with the D1 chart to make predictions about the future of a person.
Finding out the Ascendant (Bhaav)
This one is very simple to understand. Your zodiac sign according to your birth chart is your first Bhaav (Ascendant/Lagna).
If you’re an Aries, your first Bhaav is Aries and your second Bhaav will be Taurus. Similarly, if you’re a Taurus, your first Bhaav is Taurus and your second Bhaav is Gemini. It continues for all the 12 zodiac signs, the order remains the same (from Aries to Pisces).
Understanding the Concept Behind Lagna Lord
Your Lagna Lord is the ruling planet of your zodiac sign. For example, Mars is the ruling planet of Aries. Which means if you’re an Aries, Mars is your Lagna lord. This principle is used to find out which planets are your specific enemies. The planet(s) that are enemies of Mars (for Aries Ascendants) are your enemies. Mercury is the enemy planet of Mars. Hence, the strength of Mercury in a comparison with Mars will have a lot of effect on your life, especially, your married life and finances.
Understanding Trine houses in Navamsa
The 1st, 5th, and 9th houses are the Trine houses. Which means, the planets placed in the 1st, 5th, and 9th houses in your Navamsa chart (d9 chart) will define your interest and hobbies. Let’s explore all the 9 planets.
- Sun – If the Sun is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will take a lot of interest in playing music.
- Moon – If the Moon is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will have a very beautiful voice.
- Mercury – If mercury is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will be blessed with excellent communication skills.
- Mars – If Mars is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will be brave and headstrong, but short-tempered at the same time.
- Saturn – If Saturn is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will be very disciplined.
- Rahu – If Rahu is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will be very spiritual.
- Venus – If Venus is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will be materialistic, attractive, and artistic.
- Jupiter – If Jupiter is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will be very wise and knowledgeable.
- Ketu – If Ketu is in any of the Trine houses, it means the native will be spiritually enlightened.
Understanding the 7th House in d9 chart
The 7th house is the house of marriage. Hence, the planets present in the 7th house in the Navamsa will have a major impact on a marriage.
- A malefic planet like Saturn in the 7th house in your d9 chart means you might get married after 32 years of age since Saturn gives late marriage. It could also mean that you will get married to a person who’ll be much older than you.
- Moon in this house means you and your spouse will share great sexual chemistry.
Do not fear if the 7th house is empty in your d9 chart. It doesn’t mean you won’t have a happy married life. When empty, it means neutral.
In cases where the 7th house is empty, the Lord of the 7th house in the d9 chart is sitting somewhere else. So, the position of the 7th lord and its relations with the planet(s) it is sitting with will predict everything about your married life.
Understanding the Strength of Planets
A planet that has the same zodiac sign in the d1 chart and the d9 chart is known as the Vargottam planet in Vedic astrology. It is divided into 3 categories that determine the strength of the Vargottam planet.
- Uccha Vargottam – The planet becomes extremely powerful when it is exalted in both d1 and d9 charts.
- Neecha Vargottam – The planet becomes weak and helpless when debilitated in both d1 and d9 charts.
- Uccha-Neecha and Neecha-Uccha – In the former, the planet is exalted in d1 and debilitated in d9, and in the latter, the planet is debilitated in d1 and exalted in d9. In this Vargottam, the planet is neutral.
What is the Importance of the Navamsa Chart (d9 Chart)?
The analysis we have done above should have given you a basic idea about how to read the d9 chart. The importance of having it read or reading it is as follows.
- It can predict what career will be best for the native.
- It can predict whether or not the native will have a happy married life.
- It can predict which planets are strong and which ones need remedying to remove obstacles from life.
Navamsa Chart Importance
Navamsa is one of the Most important Divisional Chart used in Vedic Astrology. We will discuss about divisional Chart below. Navamsa is also Known as D9 chart. This Chart is created from Main Rashi chart or D1 chart. It has been given very High importance in Vedic System.
Though D9 chart is widely used for Marriage Prediction but it has many other usages too. We Should not Predict Anything without Checking the Navamsa Chart.
Here in this Article we will discuss about the Spouse Characteristics from Navamsa and Spouse Look from it. After Going through this, I believe, You will be in a Position to understand your Own D9 chart. But before that we should know What is the Divisional Chart and How it is Important.
What is Divisional Chart
Our Main Birth chart shows or gives indication about all the aspect of life-Education, Finance, Career, Marriage etc. But for getting a better and finer idea about a particular Area we need to see the relevant divisional charts. There is different divisional chart for different prospect like-for marriage we have to check Navamsa, for career we have to see Dasamsa etc.
Marriage Partner From Navamsa Chart
Navamsa is the Main Divisional chart for checking Marriage prospect, spouse nature and character etc. This is the Purpose chart of Marriage. It is Popularly Known as D9 chart. Some time D9 chart is also known as Dharmamsa. It is the most popular chart after Rashi Chart or D1 chart.
D9 chart is not only important to know about your Spouse Nature and characteristics but it is also important for Marriage Timing in Astrology.
The 7th house, The 7th Lord, Planets Placed in the 7th house of Navamsa will give us information about your Partner. This will tell us about the physical Appearance of Your Partner, Nature and character of your Partner, Financial Status of your Spouse etc.
Along with Main birth chart or Rashi chart, we have to check the D9 chart for Correct Prediction. In My Astrological Practice, I have found it to be quite correct. With the correlation of Main chart and Navamsa chart, You will be able to know the Nature and character of your future Spouse.
Astrology is the Only Subject Which can tell you whom you will Marry, How will be your husband or Wife, How he or She will Look etc.
Why Use D9 chart for Marriage prediction
There are Many Divisional Charts. Why Navamsa is chosen for Marriage and Marriage partner prediction ?
Navamsa chart is the most Important Divisional Chart. Dividing any Rashi or sign by 9 part, we can constitute Navamsa chart. 9th house is the house of Dharma or Fortune. In Hindu religion Marriage is considered to be the Dharma or duty of highest order. It is a Union of Atma or Soul. That is why we try to predict Marriage from Navamsa chart.
If Rashi chart is the Main Tree, Navamsa chart is the fruit of that Tree. Everything We can Judge from Navamsa Kundli but still Marriage is specially checked from Navamsa.
How to Read Navamsa Chart or Navamsa Chart reading technique
I will give you a small idea about How to Read the Navamsa chart or D9 chart.
It is said that Navamsa acts as a refinement. Any planet in exaltation or friendly sign or in Own sign may not give you Auspicious Result as per expectation if it occupies a debilitated or enemy sign in Navamsa. Similarly a Planet in debilitation or enemy sign may give you Auspicious Result than expectation when it occupies a Own Sign or friendly Sign in Navamsa. So it is very important to check the Strength of the Planet in Navamsa chart while reading Horoscope.
If any Planet is in same sign in Rasi Chart or D1 chart and also occupies the same sign in Navamsa Chart or D9 chart, it is known as vargottama Planet. Such Planet becomes extra Strong and can deliver very Good result if it is beneficial for your Ascendant. In my Practical experience i have seen that a Planet in own Navamsa or Vargottama Navamsa gives Auspicious Result.
There are some Auspicious Navamsa for each Sign. Any Planet within that particular degree range of any Sign becomes extra strong. These are known as Pushkar Navamsa. You can read more about Pushkar Navamsa and the degree range from My Article. There are many more technique which we should give due importance during Navamsa chart reading.
I have made a Video on what Why Navamsa chart is So important and what the 12 Houses of Navamsa indicates. You can watch it for better understanding.
Now lets discuss how we will know about our future Spouse from D9 Chart. But Before Discussing Nature of Spouse from Navamsa chart or Life Partner characteristics from Navamsa chart, Lets talk about the type of Marriage described in Hindu Religion.
There are 8 Types of Marriage described in Manu Smriti. These are as below
1) Bramha Vivaha: In this Type of Marriage groom Seeks Bride as per their Skills and abilities. Jupiter is the main signifying planet for such marriage. This is considered to be the kind of Marriage. In Modern day we can compare it with an arranged Marriage where both Boy and Girl complete their Education and after that as per family and other factors two persons get married.
2) Daiva Vivaha: This Kind of Marriage happens when one is unable to find a suitable groom or Bride. In this type of wedding, there are no feasts or celebrations that are specific to the wedding, but the wedding of the daughter of a poor family is held as an act of charity by wealthy people. Mars is the main signifying Planet for such marriage.
3) Arsha Vivaha: In this kind of marriage the girls family is unable to bear the expense of the marriage and the boys family pays a nominal or cutomary gift as the price of the bride and brings the bride home. This kind of Marriage is not suitbale in modern society. Moon is the main signifying planet for such marriage.
4) Prajapatya Vivaah: This type of marriage is the same as the Brahma vivha in all respects, except that this type of marriage takes place when the groom and bride both are very young. The wedding ceremony may take place but the marriage is not consummated for several years, until the bride and groom are old enough. This kind of Marriage can be referred to the Bal Vivaha of earlier days. Sun is the main signifying Planet.
5) Asura Vivaha: This is very similar to Arsa vivaha. Here the Grrom family Pays lot of Money to the family of the girl as Bride Price and Bring the Bride home. The only difference is that in Arsha Vivaha, the price paid was a nominal one or customary one but in this case lot of wealth is given. Money Rules this kind of Marriage. This Kind of Marriage is not considered good in society. Mercury is the signifying Planet.
6) Gandharva Vivaha: This can be referred to Modern Days Love Marriage where Bride and Grrom is attracted towards each other and they Fall in Love. Venus is the main signifying Planet of such Marriage.
7) Rakshas Vivaha; When some one is Kidnapped or forced to Marry due to some reason is Known as Rakshas Vivaha. In recent time we see Several Marriage happens for Political gain or Business expansion etc. In earlier Days Kings used this kind of Marriage for expanding their Kingdom. Saturn is the Main Karak for this kind of Marriage.
8) Pischa Vivaha: In this type of Marriage the Bride is either intoxicated or not in stable mental condition during Marriage. Rape can be compared with this kind of Marriage. Rahu/Ketu is the signifying planet of this kind of Marriage.
Important Houses for Spouse Prediction from Navamsa
The Main House for Spouse Prediction is 7th House and 7th Lord. So We have to check the 7th house of main birth chart as well as the 7th house of Navamsa Chart.
Remember, 7th house in Birth chart shows what we want or what our desire is and 7th house in Navamsa chart shows what we will actually get.
7th house not only Indicates Marriage but it also indicates all sort of Physical relation. That is why the Arudha Pada of 7th house (A7) needs to be checked for all kind of Physical or short term relationship in Kundli. Darapada (A7) also shows the kind of People one Associates with. So these houses need to be checked when predicting spouse from Navamsa chart.
Book Your Consultation !
Now Lets discuss Some principle of Jaimini astrology to understand the type of Partner you can get or the kind of partners you will attract.
Saturn is in 7th house or Associated with Darapada (A7), person often mingle around with senior person or Aged person. They Want their spouse to be practical, matured and dutiful.
When Moon is in 7th house or conjunct with darapada(A7) the native wants a caring, emotional and sensitive Life Partner.
If Venus is in 7th house or Associated with A7, it indicates that the individual want some one very good looking and beautiful.
When Jupiter or Mercury is in 7th house or Associated with Darapada (A7), the native seeks a wise, well educated, religious, honest person as husband or wife.
When Mars is in 7th house or conjunct with A7 it indicates that the native wants some one who loves sports, who will have lot of fighting spirit, Bold and courageous.
But this is purely the desire of the individual. But what the person will actually get will depend upon the 7th house in Navamsa and the Navamsa sign of 7th Lord.
How to Know Spouse Appearance from the D9 chart
The 7th house of D9 chart will gives us hints about the Look or Physical Appearance of your Marriage Partner. The Planets which are placed in the 7th house of D9 chart Needs to be checked. After that we have to See what is the Sign in the 7th house of Navamsha. The Planets are Which are aspecting the 7th house Should be checked too. Next we need to See the placement of 7th Lord and Planets which are conjunct and aspecting the 7th Lord.
After Permutation and combination of these factors, we will be able to come to the conclusion about Our Spouse and Marriage partner.
Prediction of Husband/Wife Characteristics from Navamsa(D9 chart)
As we said That the Planet in the 7th house of Navamsa will show the nature and character of the spouse , The Darapada (A7) in Navamsa also reveals about apperance, Nature and characteristics of Life Partner.
Spouse Prediction from Navamsa chart as per Planetary Position
Now Lets understand how to Know about spouse from the Planets Posited in the 7th house of your Navamsha chart.
Sun in 7th house Navamsa
If Navamsa Sun is Placed in 7th house, Spouse reads or loves music or plays musical instrument, may be egoistic and of high Self respect. He/ She may have short height, large head, straight hair etc. If Sun is Strong, you will get a Good Looking Life partner. When Navamsa Sun in 7th house is strong, The Individual may come from a respectable family background.
Sun in the 7th house of D9 chart will give you a Strong and confident Life partner. This Can Make your Partner Authoritative. It can also Create Ego problem in the Relationship and Marriage. But if Sun is conjunct with Jupiter or Sun is in own Sign or exaltation Sign, you will not get Negative results.
Moon in 7th house Navamsa
When Navamsa Moon is in 7th house, Your spouse will be very Beautiful and very sexual. He or she may be Emotional, Sensitive, soft hearted etc. Your Spouse will be very Good Looking. She will have fair complexion and attractive Face.
This is a Very Good Placement and if Moon is not Weak or Unafflicted, it will make you fortunate After Marriage.
But Moon in the 7th house of the Navamsa chart Can Make your Partner very Moody and Whimsical. He/ She will be fond of Traveling different Places and Meeting New People. Moon will give Your Spouse a Very Pleasing personality and helping Nature.
Mars in 7th house Navamsa
If Navamsa Mars is placed in 7th house or associated with A7 in the Navamsa chart, Your Spouse may be very aggressive and hot temper. He or she may be a sports lover. When Navamsa Mars in 7th house is strong, The Female Native will get a Partner with a very well built physique and Who will have a slim & athlete like physique.
In Case of Male, you will get a Tall and Slim wife. Mars generally gives a Medium fair or wheatish complexion. If Rahu or Saturn comes in conjunct with Mars in the 7th house of D9 chart, It Can give Dark complexion to your Spouse.
Mars is a Hot and Fiery Planet. So Mars in the 7th house of D9 chart Can Make your Spouse Rigid and Inflexible too. He or she can be very argumentative as well. Your Spouse will not be able to make adjustment and compromise easily.
Mercury in 7th house Navamsa
When Navamsa Mercury is in 7th house, Your Spouse will have the Mercurian influence. Your spouse can be Jovial and friendly. He or she can be fond of literature, Books, writing etc. This is a Good Placement and will give a Good Looking Life partner. Spouse will look younger than his or her age. It can also Give a Younger Spouse too.
Navamssa Mercury in 7th house can give Lack of physical pleasure from spouse as Mercury is a eunuch planet.
Mercury Will generally Give a fair complexion to your Spouse if it is not Afflicted or weak in the Navamsa chart. Signs where Mercury is placed in the D9 chart is also important. For example Mercury indicates Communication. So if you have Mercury in the 7th house, your Partner will have good communication Skill. If Mercury is in Gemini, He/She will be quick in expressing himself but not firm in his opinion whereas if Mercury is in Taurus, he/she will be stable in his/her Opinion.
Jupiter in 7th house Navamsa
When Navamsa Jupiter is in 7th house, the Life Partner can be well educated, Learned, beautiful, fortunate and very Well behaved. He or she may have well proportionate body. Navamsa Jupiter in 7th house can make the spouse very Spiritual and Religious too.
Jupiter is the Most beneficial Planet of the zodiac and when it Occupies your 7th house of Navamsa, it is highly Auspicious. It will bring dignity, responsibility and wisdom into the relationship.
But this Jupiter in the 7th house of D9 chart Should not be afflicted by Malefic Like Rahu or Ketu or it Should not Own any Negative House Like 6th or 8th.
Venus in 7th house Navamsa
If Navamsa Venus is in 7th house, the spouse can be extremely good Looking, fond of Luxury & all sort of comfort, fond of music, fine arts etc. Having Navamsa Venus in 7th house is a Blessing. It is a strong indication of happy married life if not afflicted.
Venus or Shukra in the 7th house of your Navamsa chart can give you a rich, good-looking spouse, as well as expertise in arts and business, good income, amiable nature, handsome face, and good fortune after marriage. But a Lot will depend on the Sign of the Venus and Planets Associated or aspecting Venus.
This is also a Good Placement for Love Marriage. If your Chart has Strong Love Marriage Yoga, it will help you.
Saturn in 7th house Navamsa
If Navamsa Saturn is in 7th house, Life Partner can be, matured, always working, cold and disinterested in romance, dutiful etc. It indicates that the wife or husband will be very hardworking. Navamsa saturn in 7th house also indicate that there can be much age difference between husband and wife.
Saturn is the Planet of Maturity and Elderly People. So when Saturn occupies the 7th house of Navamsa, it will give your Partner Maturity. It will make your Spouse very Practical and Grounded.
Saturn can make Your Partner more Focused in Work and professional Life. So Your Romantic Life May not be very Good. If Saturn is conjunct with Darakaraka Planet or Venus in the 7th house of D9 chart, it can give you Marriage with Someone from different caste. It can give intercaste Marriage.
If Rahu and 12th house Lord are also associated with the 7th house Saturn, Marriage with any Foreigner is also possible.
Rähu in 7th house Navamsa
If Navamsa Rahu is in 7th house, spouse can be always thinking and confused, abstract thinking, good at mathematics, astrology etc. This is not treated as a good placement for Marital bliss. Navamsa Rahu in 7th house also indicates marriage outside country or foreign spouse or intercaste marriage. You can read the effect of Rahu on Marriage when Occupies the 7th house of D1 chart to get more idea.
Rahu is the Planet of intercaste or different caste. So if you have Rahu in the 7th house of Navamsa, it can give you Marriage Partner from different Caste. Rahu also indicates Foreign element. So if there is other Yoga, this Placement can give you a Foreign Spouse.
Rahu can give your Partner interest in Photography, Movie, Camera, electronics Gadgets etc.
Ketu in 7th house Navamsa
When Navamsa Ketu is in 7th house, spouse can be Very good in mathematics and numbers, expert in computers, spiritual practice etc.
I have discussed How to apply these Principles to understand the Nature and Character of your spouse in this Video. You can Watch this to understand how i have applied this principle practically. Example chart is discussed in the Video.
Spouse Nature and Character with 7th Lord of Navamsa or D9 chart
The spouse will have the traits of the lord of 7th house from the Navamsha Ascendant.
If the 7th Lord is Moon then the spouse will be happy, Loved by people, expert in agriculture, talkative, fond of liquids.
If the 7th Lord is Mars the native will be rich, courageous, ordinary looking, interested in sexual matters, not interested in worshiping God, miser, inclined to bilious problems.
If the 7th Lord is Mercury the native will attractive eyes, curly hair, board chest, with love and affection, expert in business rich, intelligent, educated, happy, interested in expensive jewelry and clothes, and has no enemies.
If Jupiter is 7th Lord, the native will a charming personality, attractive eyes, bulging tummy, intelligent, unbiased attitude, courageous, rich, loved by people, artistic inclination, respected by women, has good children and friends.
If Venus is the 7th Lord, extremely rich, successful, spiritually oriented, does good deeds, good children, enjoys plenty of riches and conveyances, has company of good Person.
If Saturn is the 7th Lord, the native will be independent, have high intelligence, lean body, sometimes ill-tempered, angry, not interested in religious affairs, and may lose wealth through litigation and thieves.
Recommended reading: late marriage yoga or early marriage.
Spouse Prediction As per the Zodiac Sign of 7th House of Navamsa.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Aries, Your Spouse will have Lean personality, small eyes, pointed nose, angry speech.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Taurus, Your Spouse will have big personality, big eyes, long face, big eyebrows, small forehead, drooping nose, thick voice, short toes.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Gemini, Your Life Partner will have long hands, small nose, sheepish eyes, thick legs and thighs, hair on hands, legs and head; courageous, talkative, knowledgeable.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Cancer, Your Spouse will have small nose, very small forehead, thick hair on legs, angry behavior, wandering nature.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Leo, Your Partner will have broad forehead, thick hair on legs, angry behavior, Independent nature.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Virgo, Your Spouse will have long hands, small buttocks, polished character, talkative, extra fond of sexual activities.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Libra, Your Spouse will have lean body, beautiful nose, does not have fixed mind-set, Romantic in Nature.
7th house of Navamsa is Scorpio, Your Life Partner will have rough skin, Very Emotional, Secretive.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Sagittarius, Your Spouse will have joyful nature, board forehead, big ears, gets angry occasionally, truthful, talkative.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Capricorn, Your Spouse will have Ideal physically body structure, Dark Complexion, broad face, sharp in intelligence, Cautious.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Aquarius, Your Partner will have Big ears, board shoulders, lazy, intelligent, talkative, sometime acts foolishly.
When your 7th house of Navamsa is Pisces, Your Spouse will have Charming personality, has good eyes and nose, truthful in nature, fearless person, sacrificing attitude.
Some important Combinations for judging Spouse from D-9 Chart
For a good and happy marital life, we have to first see the condition of the 7th Lord of Rashi chart(D1) in D9 chart. The planet should not be debilitated or afflicted by Malefic in Navamsa. If the 7th Lord of Navamsa is Well Placed and Strong, it Indicates that Your Spouse will have Good Financial Status.
The Navamsa Sign where The 7th Lord of D1 chart is Placed, will give us hints about the Social Status and Position of your Spouse.
After that we have to see the 7th house of Navamsa chart and condition of 7th lord from Navamsa Lagna. If all of them is in Good condition, we can safely predict Happy Marriage Life.
Saturn and Rahu combination in the 7th house of Navamsa chart can Give You a Partner from Different Caste and community. If the Darakaraka Planet is conjunct with Planets Like Saturn, Rahu, Ketu etc, It can also give you a Partner from different Caste.
Only After Minute Analysis of Main birth chart and D9 chart, We Should reach any Conclusion. When people approach us for Marriage/Relationship Consultation we use all of the above mentioned technique and many more to come to an conclusion.
Book Your Consultation !
Rahu and Venus Conjunction in Navamsa Chart
Rahu is the planet of expansion. So When Rahu comes in contact with any Planet it amplifies the energy of that planet.
Venus is the Planet of Love, Romance, Artistic and creative Skills within us. It is the Planet of Luxury and comfort. This the Main planet of Desire in a Horoscope.
So when Rahu and Venus are in conjunction or in the Same sign, it increases the Qualities of Venus. It increase the Passion within us. It increase the Romantic Nature. It will also enhance our Desire and you will be more inclined towards Luxurious and comfortable Lifestyle. You want Big House Like a Big Bungalow or Luxury cars etc. In this Process we will also Spend a Lot of Money as well.
Navamsa is the Main divisional chart for marriage and relationship. But this Rahu-Venus conjunction in Navamsa chart or D9 chart is not considered Good for a Good Married Life or a Good Relationship. As it will increase the passion within us, we do not get satisfaction from a relationship easily.
If in this Conjunction is further afflicted by Planets Like Saturn or Mars, it can even give more than one relationship at a Time. Sometime this can Lead to extra Marital Relationship or Infidelity as well.
But when Analysing the Rahu-Venus conjunction in Navamsa, we also need to see the Signs or we need to Check the Sign where this Conjunction has happened. Scorpio, Pisces, Cancer, Aries, Gemini, Virgo Signs will create More Damage in comparison to others.
Navamsa is also a chart of your Talents. So Rahu-Venus conjunction in Navamsa can also give you Good creative skills. If Moon is also Associated with this or if this conjunction is in Signs Like Leo or Taurus or Libra, the creative skills will be even more.
But this is not good for a happy married life. If there is other malefic combination present in both Rashi chart and D9 chart, this conjunction can even create situations like divorce or separation. That is why we see a lot of celebrities like actors, singers etc faces problem in love life or married life.
How to Improve your Marriage and Fortune through Navamsa
Navamsa is the 9th Division of your Horoscope. So it is obviously related with your Fortune and it will give indication about How Much Fortunate you are. It is also the Main Divisional chart for Marriage and Relationship. So How can you Improve your Marriage through Navamsa ? You Should Stregthen the 7th Lord of Navamsa. Remember, it is more important to strengthen the 7th Lord than planets placed in the 7th house. You Should Also make the Lagna Lord of Navamsa Strong.
But remember, Strengthen Always does not mean Wearing gemstone. You can also strengthen the planets by Worshipping the Gods of that Planet. For Example, You Can Worship Lord Hanuman for Mars, Durga Mata for Rahu, Krishna for Moon, Ganesha for Ketu, Lord Ram or Shiva for Sun, Lord Vishnu for Mercury etc.
I have tried to give you some information about Spouse from Navamsa Chart. But remember in Astrology, No rule works in isolation. We have to co-relate both D1 and D9 chart.
If you want to get Astrological consultation from Me, Book an appointment.
Book Your Consultation !
If you think I have missed something or you have some information about spouse from Navamsa chart, please feel Free to comment.
If you Like it, Please share it.
Debraj is a professional Astrologer with More than 10 years of Practical experience. Started learning Vedic astrology in a very early age around 12 yrs and almost more than 20 years in astrological study.
Navamsa Chart Analysis
Analysis of Navamsa chart for Predicting Spouse and Marriage Partner.
Navamsa (D9) Chart Interpretation Tips
Here are some tips to decode your Navamsa (D9) chart. Download the Cosmic Insights app to generate your birth chart.
I am forever grateful to my Jyotish Guru Pandit Sanjay Rath and Zoran ji for their teachings.
If you like what you read, Please join the world’s best Vedic Astrology course and learn from tradition by Joining the Parashara Jyotish Course of Deva Guru Brihaspati – https://vedicdawn.com/
Trines (Houses 1, 5 and 9) in Navamsa
Based on planets placed in 1, 5, 9 in D9 chart the below results can be expected.
- Sun – The person has rhythm, may play some musical instrument, and is very interested in music. The person may also read a lot.
- Moon – Has a very nice voice and could be a singer.
- Mars – Short-tempered, courageous, and warrior tendencies.
- Mercury – Very good speaker, does not like conflicts and is good in business
- Jupiter – Very wise and knowledgeable. Has a lot of knowledge about various things.
- Saturn – Hard-working, traditional and orthodox.
- Venus – Eye for details, artistic abilities, photographic memory, better with faces than names.
- Rahu – Ability to handle big machines without fear. Skilled in research, philosophy, and mathematics.
- Ketu – Great with mobile devices, computers, and electronics. Very spiritual and has the capability to show the path for people.
Lord of the 9th House
Check the lord of the 9th house in your D1 chart, and see how this planet is placed in the D9 chart. If it is exalted it signifies great fortune and if it is debilitated you may have to work harder and life could be challenging.
Lord of Navamsa Lagna
If the lord of the D9 Lagna is exalted or in own house will add strength to the chart. If the D9 lagna is vargottama it promises long life.
Navamsa Lagna and Rashi Lagna
If the Navamsha lagna is in the 8th house of Rashi lagna there will be one setback in your life which will make you very spiritual.
10th House in Navamsa – Flow of Money
The 10th house in d9 shows the flow of money/income. If you have malefic planets here the wealth may be fluctuating.
7th House in Navamsa – Relationships
Malefic planets placed in the 7th house of the D9 chart can create problems in relationships and benefic planets placed here can support relationships.
Planets in Shukra Navamsa
In the D9 chart, whichever planet is placed in tula (libra) or vrishabha (taurus) shows what you loved most in your previous lifetime and you may love and enjoy things related to it in this lifetime. Any planet placed here will help you in relationships.
Shani in Navamsa
Check the placement of Shani in Navamsa, the lord of that sign if it is well placed in the rashi chart will help you come out of suffering and pain. If Shani is placed in Virgo, then friends (mercury) can help you in life provided mercury is well placed in your chart.
Kendras in Navamsa
The Kendra lords in Navamsa must be strong in the Rashi chart. Strong Navamsa lagna lord in Rashi (D1) chart promises good health, if 10th lord of Navamsa is strong in Rashi it promises great wealth, If 4th lord in Navamsa is strong in Rasi it is great for spirituality, If 7th lord in Navamsa is strong in Rashi chart it’s good for joy and happiness in life.
The 64th navamsa from Moon and Lagna which is the 4th sign from Moon and Lagna in the Navamsa chart is called “Khara”. The lord of these houses may be problematic especially when Saturn transits over them or during their antar dashas. Remedies are needed during such transits.
Join me on a Live webinar to Decode the Secrets of Navamsa
Here are some more articles that you may be interested in…
Download the Cosmic Insights app to generate your birth chart.
Image Courtesy – Pinterest
Chart interpretation d9
Ultimate Guide To Reading Navamsa Chart (D9 Chart)
Navamsa is the 9th division of a sign and it is one of the most important charts in Vedic Astrology. Each Navamsa division meaures 3 – 20 degrees. It is also called the Dharmamsha Chart or simply D9 chart. Navamsa consists of 2 words “Nav” meaning 9 and “Amsa” meaning division. When Astrologers find the need to look deeper into the topics of marriage, luck, fate and so called “Bhagya”, Navamsa Chart is usually drawn out. The chart tells us about a person’s destiny, fate, spouse and his marriage. Navamsa Charts holds huge importance in Vedic Astrology and in fact, there are some traditional astrologers who just look at Navamsa chart.
How to Calculate the Navamsa Chart?
Today, fortunately, technology has been so advanced that there are thousands of apps and applications on the internet that automatically generate our Navamsa Chart without needing the need to calculate them. Some of the best ones are Astro-Sage, it is an app and a Astrology website created by Pundit Pandey and it is by far one of the best Astrology websites on the internet. There is no doubt, there are many reputational and advanced softwares, bu if you don’t want to go through the hassle of installing the application on your computer, you can simply download the Astro Sage app and get your Navamsa Chart from there.
However, just for knowledge purpose, there is a definitely a specific way by which the Navamsa Chart is calculated and in fact any one can calculate their Navamsa chart, if they understand the method of doing it.
We all know that all the Zodiac Signs are 30 degrees. To calculate the Navamsa Chart, we simply divide the 30 degrees into 9 parts and now each part becomes 3 degrees and 20 minutes. It may seem very confusing to you and of course it is, but it’s really not necessary for you to actually understand it, because yes, there’s already an app that does the calculation for you. However, if you are a Astrology Student or Lover, you might be keen into knowing just the theory and here’s how it’s done.
Here’s a great example given on the blog Astrologylover, I highly recommend checking his blog. It says “Lets Give You an Example. You are Born with Aries Ascendant and Your Ascendant Degree is 10. We divide the Aries in 9 Equal part. So the first 3 deg 20 minute of Aries Sign will be the first Navamsa which is Aries itself, 3 Deg 21 minute to 6 Deg 40 minute will be the 2nd Navamsa which is Taurus, 6 Deg 41 minute to 10 Deg is 3rd Navamsa which is Gemini and So on. As your Lagna is in 10 Degree Aries, So your Navamsa Lagna will be Gemini.” –Astrologer LoverBlog
The best method is to simply multiply the Number of the previous house by 9. The add the number of the Nakshatra Pada and divide the total by 12. The remainder will tell us the Navamsa Sign.
Significance and Importance of Navamsa Chart
Practically speaking, the core use of Navamsa chart is to not only interpret the persons married life, fate and destiny but to also determine the strength of planets. Yes, D9 or Navamsa chart is the Bird’s eye view of the 9th house and from here, a person’s destiny can be unfolded.
It is said that if a planet is weak in the birth chart but strong in the D9 or Navamsa chart, the planet will give good results in it’s Dahsa or Antar-Dasha periods. Therefore, one of the biggest use of the Navamsa chart is to determine the strength of planets of the Birth Chart. This is the reason why a chart having 4 to 5 planets exalted still not giving any good results, the core reason is that his planets in the Navamsa chart are weak. The Birth chart tells us the overall condition of the planets in the chart. It tells us how the planets will perform and what results they are likely or potentially able to give. However, the D9 chart ultimately tells us how capable the planet really is and whether it will give good results or bad results.
It’s like on paper, the Birth Chart is like the name title given to the manager, like CEO or General manager. However, how capable the manager really is ultimately depends upon his experience, his work and his efforts and capability.
Therefore the Navamsa chart is like the ultimate fruits of the Birth Chart. It is only after assessing the Navamsa Chart, one can finally tell where the Chart is strong or not.
Also, when the 1st house of Lagna of Birth Chart and the 1st house Lagan of D9 chart is of the same sign, the planet will come into the status of Vargottama. This is one of the most powerful state for a planet to be in, especially of the 1st house itself is in the state of Vargottama. This tells us that the chart of the person is very strong.
Apart, from planets strength, D9 is widely used for the purpose of checking marriage and marriage conditions of the native. For checking marriage, the 7th house of the D9 chart becomes extremely imporant to analyze and check. A lot of things can be predicted just by looking at the 7th house and the position of the lord of the 7th house.
So, essentially, if a planet is weak in the Birth Chart and somewhat favorable in the D9 chart, there can be remedies done to make the planet strong. Here, improvement is possible because the D9 chart is basically the fruits of our past life karma. This means that if the planet is weak in the D9 chart, there is not much that can be done to make the planet strong and improve the results. By doing the remedies, one can only avoid the rain, but the person will still get wet and have to face the storm. Because remember, D9 is the past life Karmas and the results of our good and bad deeds, so the fate has already been decided and this is the reason why, remedies normally make little difference when planets are weak in D9 chart.
What do houses in Navamsa mean?
1st house – Desire of the person to get married. It shows the self in relationship dynamics and the overall health of the marriage.
2nd house – It shows us the wealth though marriage and accumulate wealth of the marriage. Whether, the person will gain the inherited properties of his spouse, or whether the person will be richer after marriage is seen from the 2nd house. It also shows us whether the person will live in a big family, joint family or small family.
3rd house – The 3rd house represents the effort it requires for the person to sustain the marriage.
4th house – It shows us the state and condition of the home in marriage. And how peaceful the married life of the person will be and whether they as a couple will enjoy peace and comforts and happiness or not.
5th house – The 5th house represents romance and enjoyment during marriage. It shows us the fun moments that you will enjoy with your spouse.
6th house – It represents debt accumulate through marriage and the possibility of divorce. It also represents the arguments that happen between the partners.
7th house – It represents the type of spouse, a person will get, her or his personality, traits and characteristics. Whether or not, the spouse will be loving and supporting or not.
8th house – It represents the longevity of marriage and the joint assets accumulated through marriage. As to how long the marriage will last.
9th house– The 9th house represents our luck and fortune in marriage. It represents the strength of a person’s luck and fate.
10th house – It represents the reputation of marriage and how people think about your marriage.
11th house– It represents the hopes, wishes and desires of the spouse and whether or not, a person can fulfil those desires or not.
12th house – It represents the bed pleasures in the marriage, foreign lands, donations, spiritual life, foreign travels in marriage. It also represents separation and quarrels in marriage.
How to read the Navamsa Chart?
It is often recommended that the D9 Navamsa chart and the birth chart should be read side by side. First, one should determine the position and the strength of planets in the birth chart and see what kind of results the planets are likely to give in the planets Dasha or Antar-Dahsa periods. Now, next they should check the D9 chart to verify and planets position and see if the planet will actually give those kinds of results or not.
For example, if Venus is weak in the Birth chart, but if we find that Venus is positioned in a good status in the Navamsa Chart, the person will not be deprived of marriage but infact, marriage will happen in the person’s life and the person will be blessed with children. However, the person may suffer from problems of having a bad name or character in the society. Now, because of the planet Venus being weak in the birth chart, it was likely that the person would not get married due to his bad name or some financial problems in life, but due to the strength in Navamsa chart, the planet gave good results.
- When reading the Navamsa Chart, one should first take the D9 chart and D1 Chart (Birth Chart) and place them on the table side by side. One should go back and forth between the charts checking the positions of each planet in the D1 and D9 charts.
- Next one should analyze the D1 Chart (Birth Chart) and check the strength and position of each planet.
- For Planets that are Exalted in the D1 Chart, one can give 5 points to those planets. For planets that are in their own sign – 4 points and for planets that are in the friendly sign – 3 points.
- For planets that are in the enemy sign, one can give 2 points, and for planets that are debilitated – 1 point.
- Next, one should check which houses, these planets are situated in the Birth Chart. What Kind of Yogas are they forming.
- Check the Atmakaraka Planet of the Birth Chart and check its position in the D9 chart. Atmakaraka Planet is the planet that holds the highest degree in the birth chart. This planet is one of the strongest planets in your birth chart and will greatly influence your life, career, and success. It governs your thinking process, personality, and everything in life and how you react to it. For example, if Sun is your Atmakaraka planet, you will have intense willpower and confidence within you. Due to this even if you are going through bad times, you are able to motivate yourself out of the bad situation. Similarly, if Jupiter is your Atmakaraka planet, you will have inbuild wisdom and the power of knowledge which will be your strongest point in life. And in whatever you do in life, you will use the power of knowledge to gain success and fortune.
- I can say this because I also have Sun as my Atmakaraka planet even though my Moon is weak, there is never a time in my life that I ever thought of giving up. As Moon being weak does cause several emotional and mental fluctuations but it hasn’t been able to break me. This intense willpower is only gained from Sun. While Jupiter makes the person extremely knowledgeable. You may have people the kind of people in life, to whom people always follow and take advice, in such people, Jupiter is very strong.
- Next, check the Amatyakaraka Planet of your birth chart and check its position in the D9 chart. Amatyakaraka planet is the planet that holds the second highest degree in the birth chart. It is like the main execution planet of your birth chart that helps you take action and manifesting your thoughts, dreams into reality.
- Next, you have to check the position of these planets in the D9 chart and whether or not, if these planets are exalted, debilitated or in a weak position.
- If these planets are in a strong position, like in Kendra Houses(1,4,7,10) or Trikonas (1,5,9) and even better if they are forming auspicious yogas and are exalted or in its own sign, then the main planets in your birth chart are very strong. In other words, your chart has good strength.
- Vargottama Planet In Astrology: If any planets in the D1 Chart and the D9 chart share the same sign, the planet is said to be in state of Vargottama.
- Planets that are Vargottama are said to be in a very strong state. They gain natural strength and I likely to give good results in its Dasha or Maha Dasha.
- Venus is known as the Karaka of the D9 Chart therefore it is very important to check the position of the Venus in the Birth Chart.
- The 1st house of the Navamsa: If the 1st or lagna of the Navamsa is aspected by a benefic planet, Marriage is assured to the native. While 2nd house and the 7th houses are the next considerations. If the Lagan is associated with the 2nd house or 7th house, it is considered to be auspicious for marriage.
- However, if the lord of the 1st house and 7th house in birth chart are placed in malefic houses like 6, 8, 12, and even the Navamsa D9 Chart, these planets are not well placed, then marriage can be denied.
- If the lord of the 7th house is placed in 6, 8, 12 but is in a strong position forming yogas, exalted or aspected by benefic planets, the person gets married but may face some problems in married life.
- Venus is one of the most importantplanets for marriage and if Venus is afflicted in the Birth Chart, troubles in getting married or in married life is seen but If Venus is well-positioned in the D9 Navamsa chart, it assures that the person will get married in his life. Even though If Venus is not in a good positon in the birth chart.
- When the 7th house is associated with many malefic planets like Rahu, Ketu or Saturn, multiple marriages can happen in the person’s life.
- However, for multiple marriages to happen in a person’s life, there must be a presence of Dhan Yoga in the Navamsa Chart.
- Placement of 2nd, 7th and 12th lord in upchaya houses in D9 chart indicates that the person will have multiple marriages. This also tells us that the person may have a very rich wife.
- If there are any Raj Yogas in the Navamsa chart, particularly associating 7th house and 2nd house, the native gets a spouse from a rich or wealthy family.
- If the 7th house lord is strong or if it is positioned in Upchaya house, the native gets a spouse from a higher status.
- A caring spouse is seen in a person’s life when the 7th house lord in the Navamsa chart is of benefic planet. At the same time, if Venus is also in a benefic sign and the 7th house lord is well placed in the D9 chart.
- Beauty of Spouse: If Venus is well placed and strong in the D9 chart, a good-looking wife is generally seen. However, Venus must not be associated with Saturn and for husband, Jupiter is usually seen.
- Prosperity after marriage is seen when the 7th house lord occupies the 2nd house in the D9 Chart. While, even if Venus is in the 2nd house, it brings prosperity and fortune after marriage.
- When the seventh lord is in the Trines or 10th house, it shows prosperity after marriage. Especially, growth if associated with the 10th house.
- When the 7th house lord is positioned in the 11th house in D9 chart, or Birth Chart, wealth after marriage is indicated.
- If the 5th from the D9-ascendant is occupied by Jupiter and venus, you could get ravishing beauty as your wife.
- If the 7th happens to be the house of saturn and if malefic are in it, the spouse could look old or it could be a second marriage.
- If the 7th lord conjunct with the 6th lord and also venus, there will be separation or divorce.
- Venus in the 7th to D9-ascendant indicates disharmony in marriage.
Personality of the Spouse from the 7th house in D9 chart
Moon: The native’s spouse will be emotional and very sensitive. She will be beautiful and will have a fair complexion. Will be very caring and loving to the native.
Sun: When Sun is the lord of the 7th house, the native’s spouse will have a dominating figure and will be high self esteem and ego. The native’s spouse will want respect from the society, while the spouse may be from a very respectable family.
Jupiter: The spouse of the native will be very intelligent and especially, he will posses a great level of intellect and wisdom within him. He will be honest and will hold good education and will be fond of literature.
Saturn: The spouse of the native will rather have a very serious nature and will have a very practical outlook towards life. The spouse will love to mingle around with people who are senior to them and hold a authoritative post in the society.
Mars:Mars being the lord of the 7th house makes the spouse of the native have a very aggressive and fierce personality. He/ She will have quick temper however, it wont last long. The native may have to deal with frequent arguments in the family. The spouse of the native however, will be hyperactive and will love playing sports, working and going to the gym or doing any sort of physical activity.
Venus: The spouse of the native will be very beautiful. The person will have a very loving and caring spouse and she will be fond of luxurious items and all sorts of material comforts.
Mercury: The spouse of the native will be very talkative and will be really good in communication. She will have a very jolly personality and will love to mingle around with people. The spouse will be good in doing business in life.
There has been a healthy debate going in knowledgeable astro circles about the real importance of navamsa. At times learned astros have taken extreme positions but thankfully almost everyone agrees that navamsa does really matter. Question is, how much? Why D9 "chart" is so important - let's see.
Let's look beyond hype, perceptions and outright falsehoods.
Navamsa is one of the vargas or sign divisions (and there are many vargas other than the navamsa). Navamsa and other divisional chart/diagram/matrix/table shows the relationship between houses, signs and planets in smaller dimensions.
D9 and other vargas don't operate outside the scope of the rashi or D1 chart. Vargas make things as seen in D1 more specific and modified.
As far as relationship/marriage is concerned, it's always helpful to have Venus and 7th house lord (of rashi chart i.e. D1) to be placed in good navamsa sign. So, in navama (D9), you want Venus to be in signs where Venus is strong/good e.g. Pisces, Taurus, Libra, Gemini even Scorpio but not in signs like Virgo, Aries, Leo etc. where it throws many relationship challenges. Similarly you also want the lord of 7th house (of D1) to be placed in good signs for that planet in D9.
Generally for relationships, even (female) signs work better than odd signs in charts of male and female natives (both). Together these two considerations indicate the scope of "availability" and "receiving" good relationship(s). To understand the scope of happiness from marriage and relationship, the navamsa dispositors (sign lord in D9) of these two planets should be well placed and strong in rashi chart e.g. D1. Other authentic navamsa analysis techniques in vedic astrology are specified later in the article (scroll down).
The most contentious part of disagreement on navamsa is not about it's role in love, relationship, marriage and sexuality. It's about the role of navamsa in judging the strength of planets in horoscope. Why navamsa analysis often involves strength of planet? Many people have taken extreme positions on this matter and I will bust all the myth with logical facts.
Relationship and marriage compatibility in 21st century using astrology.
One common scenario is if a planet occupies it's sign of debilitation in D1 and goes to it's sign of exaltation in D9, it's considered very strong. This planet can be Venus or 7th house lord or any other planet. This has been even written by CS Patel in his navamsa book. If I recall correctly, he did that while quoting a shloka from Chandra kala nadi (Dev Keralam). I also noticed that he has specified navamsa in his translation for the generic word amsa/varga in the shloka which makes his interpretation debatable in its scope.
If it was so simple and straightforward, then I would have expected this navamsa principle to have been mentioned prominently among neech bhanga rules ie. cancellation of debilitation in our classics.
Without getting into neech bhanga debate and focusing on planetary strength here, the most important concept that resolves the difference is vimshopak bala or 20 points system of planetary strength.
Using vargas, there is a 20 point system of planetary strength called vimshopak bala given in the chapter called vargavivekodhyay (वर्गविवेकोध्याय) or chapter on varga wisdom (BPHS 8th chapter in most versions, verse 17/18).
In 6 different divisional charts or shad varga, the distribution of 20 points as assigned to each planet is as follows :
|Hora (D2) / Dwadasamsa (D12)||2 each|
As you can see in vimshopak system of planetary strength, a planet gets 15 points out of 20 from D1, D9 and D3 alone which covers 75%.
Let me back this logical conclusion up with a quote from Phaldeepika which specially mentions rising rashi (D1), navamsa (D9) and dreshkan (D3). The verse says if the lord of rising navamsa (D9) is strong, the native enjoys good comforts (also happiness), if the rising dreshkan (D3) is strong native enjoys high status and if the rising rashi (D1) lord is strong, native acquires material wealth eg land.
So yes, navamsa is in fact very important for planets to be strong and give good results. It's second only to the D1. Is navamsa the only varga to be seen? Obviously NOT as we can see above. But if you are looking at D1, D9 and D3, you are pretty much 75% accurate in measuring the planetary strength.
So, navamsa ALONE can't set the agenda but it's the captain of the team of vargas and all vargas operate within the scope of D1 rashi chart.
In BPHS, there are other systems of divisions mentioned eg Sapta varga (7 vargas system), dashavarga (10 varga) and shodashvarga (16 varga system) wherein more divisions eg D16/D20 are included and the 20 points keep dividing across all vargas but the proportion is same ie D1 enjoys highest share, then D9 then D3 and so on.
As a personal note, I follow shad varga ie 6 divisions varga as part of overall analysis because Varahamihir and later Kalyan Varma author of Saravali have used shad varga system. Even in BPHS, Sudarshan Chakra talks specifically about shad varga to ascertain not only planetary strength but also benefic and malefic nature of planets. I use the specific vargas that aren't covered in shad varga eg D10 or D24 when I wish to look closer at the relevant house eg career/education.
So it looks like even CS Patel wrote about navamsa knowing the above principles, apart from the said shloka in CKN/DK that he quoted.
Another very important consideration is why vargottama is defined in terms of navamsa. It could well have been said vargottama sign is the first dreshkan (10 degrees) in every sign, which happens to be the same sign. But nowhere to my knowledge its defined as vargottama. Why? It does indicate the special status of navamsa.
Navamsa is uttam (good/best) among vargas hence the term vargottama is applicable exclusively for navamsa. There is no confusion in definition of vargottama in classics. That is why navamsa is captain of the team of vargas.
So, planetary strength as well as its benefic/malefic nature is definitely impacted by navamsa AND also by other vargas notably D3. That, I think clearly answers the question - HOW important navamsa is.
Apart from the context of planetary strength and benefic/malefic behaviour of planets, navamsa has other important significance in prognosis many of which I consider worth mentioning (below).
Please note these verses are specific about navamsa (नवाँश) and don't use the generic term amsa/varga.
1. Saravali chapter 41 (Mool dasha) shloka 19
It specifies the navamsa, not just amsa and writes specifically about the greatly reduced ability of a planet to give good results if it's in enemy or debilitated navamsa even if it occupies a favourable sign in D1 chart.
2. Jatakdesh marg chapter 10 shloka 12It talks about the result of houses where rashi and navamsa sign occupied by ascendant lord, Moon sign lord and lord of a specific house.
3. Jatakdesh marg chapter 10 shloka 23It says when Jupiter, karaka of a house and Moon transits the navamsa sign occupied by ascendant lord in birth chart, good events related to the said house takes place.
4. Sarvarth Chintamani Chap 2 verse 16It specifies the navamsa while saying a planet in own navamsa gives good results, apart from other conditions ie own sign, own Dreshkan, mool trikon, etc.
5. Saravali Chap 3 verse 13Definition of vargottama sign is clearly defined in terms of navamsa ie 1st navamsa in movable, 5th navamsa in fixed and 9th navamsa in dual signs are vargottama.
6. Phaldeepika Chap 3 verse 11When benefic planets are strong in shubh shad vargas ie vargas of natural benefics they give good results for wealth and longevity. In similar manner, the strength and nature of lords of rising sign (D1), rising navamsa (D9) and rising dreshkan (D3) as well the the vargas occupied by them decide the potential of wealth, happiness and status of the native respectively.
7. Sarvarth Chintamani Chap 2 verse 7It specifies navamsa while describing source of income as indicated by the planet in whose navamsa the 10th house lord is placed. This is articulated in many later classics eg Phaldeepika.
8. Saravali Chap 20 verse 22It's about Pravajya yoga is formed when Moon is in Dreshkan (D-3)of Saturn and aspected by Saturn and Mars. If moon is in navamsa of Mars and aspected by Saturn, this is another form of Pravajya yoga.
9. Jataka Parijat Chap 5 verse 73Based on the planet at 7th sign from the navamsa sign occupied by mandi at birth, the circumstances of native's death are mentioned.
10. Sarvarth Chintamani Chap 2 verse 19It specifies lord of the navamsa occupied by Saturn, mandi etc among the death inflicting planets.
11. Hora Saar Chap 22 verse 1A person earns wealth (profession) through own qualities and nature. The wealth is provided by the planet placed in 10th sign from the ascendant, Moon or Sun (strongest among them) or the ruler of navamsa occupied by the lord therefrom.
12. Saravali Chap 24 verse 22Moon gives the favourable results to the maximum in vargottam navamsa, medium in own navamsa and minimum in other navamsa. In case of unfavourable results, the order is reversed ie minimum in vargottam, medium in own and maximum in other navamsas.
13. Laghu Jataka Chap 9 verse 3Varahamihira in his 9th chapter on ayurdaya ie longevity, mentions additional years contributed by lagna if the ascendant is vargottama, own sign in navamsa and dreshkan. Contribution by lagna towards the longevity doubles up in this situation.
14. Sarvarth Chintamani Chap 2 verse 70If ascendant lord is placed in sign of exaltation or friendly vargas or own navamsa or when aspected by benefics, health of the native is good.
15. Saravali chap 46 verse 22In female horoscope if 7th house has Venus's sign and navamsa, the husband is good looking and fortunate. If 7th house has Mercury's sign and navamsa, the husband is a skilled in Science.
16. Jatak Parijat Chap 14 verse 93Jupiter in 9th house going to own navamsa or aspected by benefic planet, the person has a high sense of duty towards dharma.
17. Sarvarth Chintamani Chap 3 verse 48If a strong Jupiter occupies 2nd house and the lord of the navamsa occupied by lord of 2nd house is placed in Kendra/trine (in D1) and aspected by benefics, the person understands the consequences of actions and follows the 6 shastras.
18. Jataka Parijat Chap 6 verse 1
If Sun is aspected by a malefic and placed in sign of it's exaltation (Aries) but goes to the navamsa of it's debilitation (Libra), the native is poor. The verse even says if Venus is vargottama but in the sign and navamsa of it's debilitation i.e. Virgo, the person lives like a beggar (devoid of all comforts in life). This verse is part of the chapter that mentions various ypgas that nullify good rajyogas or strong planetary combinations. So, it's very imoprtant that a planet is placed in strong navamsa apart from the rashi (sign in D1).
19. Deva Keralam Part 2 verse 3046
The weakest among the 3 planets - navamsa dispositor of Saturn, navamsa dispositor of Mandi and navamsa dispositor of 8th lord (of D1) is the main planet that destroys happiness.
20. Jataka tatva canto 3 (Prakirnatatva) verse 216
The number of malefic aspect(s) with no benefic aspect on the sign (in D1) indicated by the navamsa sign of the bhav madhya (house cusp) of 5th house indicates the number of miscarriages in progeny.
So it's important that we don't take extreme positions in ascertaining the true worth of navamsa. I wish to share how I understand various references to the terms 'navamsa' and 'varga' in classical text.
When a shloka uses the term amsa, we must look at all the inclusive vargas (all the 6 vargas in shad varga system). When a shloka uses the specific term navamsa, we need to use only the navamsa for the shloka.
You have examples of the same classic using the words navamsa and amsa in different places. For example, in the chapter on Mool dasha in saravali (quoted above), there is specific use of the word navamsa whereas in the same classic chapter 24, it talks of results of Moon in various amsa (the generic term). Even translator R Santhanam is using it exclusively for navamsa when the word is only amsa. I think it's clearly a mistake.
When we have clear distinction between the generic and specific terms in our classics, I think we must apply the said principles in their right scope.
In conclusion, we must not jump to mean navamsa for every amsa word and definitely not disregard the real value of navamsa in Jyotish as I have clearly laid out it's importance.
Author : Partho Banerjee
- Birmingham counties map
- Hp discount ink
- Macconkey medium
- Printable beret pattern
- Digimon first evolution
- Cricut marine corps
How To Read Navamsa Chart In Vedic Astrology (D9 Chart)
Navamsa Chart is one of the most important divisional chart in Vedic Astrology. Commonly interpreted as D9, it is a more detailed view of the 9th house of a birth chart. It holds such a great importance in vedic predictions that it is the second most important chart to read after looking at Rashi or Birth Chart.
Some Astrologers, don’t even look at the Rashi or Birth Chart, they go straight for D9 Navamsa Chart as it is really accurate and tells us so many things about our life and marriage and especially how our lives will be after marriage.
What can be predicted through the Navamsa Chart D9?
The 9th house is the house of Fate, luck, and the treasure that is given by God for the person in his life. Therefore, using the 9th house and the Navamsa chart, we can not only predict marriage which is what most astrologers use the D9 navamsa chart for but we can also find out the changes that is going to take place in the later half of the person’s life. This changes can be in terms of marriage, partnership, business, wealth and career.
The D9 Navamsa chart shows us our fortune and luck in the second half of our life. It shows us what fortune holds in for us in the later half in life. It is said that if a planet is weak in the Birth chart but strong in the Navamsa chart, then the planet starts to give good results later in life even though it is weak in the birth chart. This tells us how people who have a miserable life early on become very wealthy and prosperous in the later half of their life. This can be easily seen from the Navamsa chart.
For marriage related issue, one can predict “When a person will get married?“, “How the later half of a person’s life is going to be?“, “Family Background“, “Personality of the spouse“, “Physical appearance of the spouse“, “Timing of Marriage“, “How well the marriage life will go about?“, or “Multi-marriages“, and even “Chances of Divorce”.
Many astrologers also say that predictions should be made with the help of Navamsa Chart along with the Birth Chart because the D9 chart holds such a important role in several predictions.
What each house represents in the D9 Navamsa Chart?
1st House: The first house shows us the self in relationship dynamics. It tells us the overall health of the marriage and spouse.
2nd House: The second house shows us the wealth through marriage. It represents the accumulated wealth and gains after marriage. It represents our family with spouse and children. What kind of family the person going to have whether joint or nuclear.
3rd House: The effort it requires to sustain the marriage and make it grow. This includes all the hard work, perseverance and sacrifice.
4th House: All the comforts, peace and happiness in marriage is seen through the 4th house. It represents the state and condition of home and property.
5th House: The 5th house represents romance and enjoyable, fun moments that you are going to share with your spouse.
6th house: The 6th house which is one the malefic houses represents arguments that happen in marriage, debts that will be accumulated in marriage and whether a person will be able to pay off those debts or not. It also represents a possibility of divorce and break in marriage.
7th house: The 7th house is the house of the spouse. It represents the kind of spouse a person will get, his/her personality and behaviour and whether the spouse will be loving and supporting or not.
8th House: The 8th house represents the joint assets accumulated through marriage. It also shows us how long the marriage will last and the in-laws.
9th house: The 9th house represents the luck and fortune in marriage. It also represents all the religious beliefs and spirituality and whether the marriage leads the partners to spirituality or not.
10th House: The 10th house represents the reputation of the marriage and people’s opinions of your marriage. It tells us how people look at the marriage and their views and public opinion.
11th House: It represents the hopes, wishes and desires of the spouse and whether or not, a person can fulfil those desires or not.
12th House: It represents the bed pleasures in the marriage, foreign lands, donations, spiritual life, foreign travels in marriage. It also represents separation and quarrels in marriage.
How to Read the Navamsa Chart D9 Step By Step?
- The First step is to take out both the Rashi or Birth Chart and Navamsa Chart side by side on the Table. This is because Navamsa chart should never be read alone as a single chart. It should be read by interlinking clues placed in both D1 birth chart and D9 Navamsa chart.
- The D9 Navamsa Chart Ruler is Venus therefore, you should find out where Venus is placed in the D9 Chart as well as D1 chart.
- Check the Atmakaraka Planet of your D1 Chart and Check it’s position in D9 chart. Atmakaraka Planet is the planet that holds the highest degree in your birth chart. This planet is responsible for your mind process, thought process and mindset in marriage and life.
- Check the Amatyakaraka Planet of the D1 Chart and check it’s position in the D9 Chart. Amatyakaraka Planet is the planet that holds the second highest degree in your birth chart. This planet is responsible for converting your thought process into action. It will be the planet responsible for your execution of your mind. It will help manifest your thoughts into reality.
- Check the placement of these Karak planets in D9 chart and whether they are good state or not. If they are in bad state meaning being affected by malefics or aspected by them then, you problems with the planets associated with the house. If they are well placed then, you won’t have any problems regarding the houses where those planets sit.
- A Raj Yog is formed in Navamsa Chart is the Atmakaraka planet and Amatyakaraka planet is sitting together in the D9 Chart.
- Next thing one has to check is the position of Venus. Venus as we know is the ruler of the D9 chart and the main significator, therefore, we have to look at where Venus is positioned and the houses it rules. Whether, it is strong or weak. From here we can find out if, the significator of marriage is supporting the person for marriage or not. For example, If the 7th house of a person is strong but Venus is sitting in the 6th house, here we can say that there can be a lot of debts after marriage and quarrels regarding debts.
- Next we have to find out if the planets are in Vargottama or not. Vargottama means that a planet is occupying the same sign in the Birth chart D1 and navamsa D9 chart. A vargottama planet is considered very strong, auspicious, capable of giving benefic results during the main and sub dasha period and transits.
- The next step is to check the 9th house of both D1 Birth chart and D9 Navamsa Chart. We have to check the strength and position of the lord of 9th house in D9 navamsa chart. This house which is the 9th house shows us our destiny, dharma and our duty in this life. It shows us, what duties we have to perform in this birth.
- The last step is to check the position of the lagna lord in D9 navamsa chart. Here we have to find out of the lagna lord is in good strength or not.
From here, you get an idea of the overall strength of the D9 Navamsa Chart. Whether or not, the planets are favouring each other and you get a general view of the D9 chart. However, this is still not enough and we should go much deeper to get an accurate conclusion. For that, we have to know some importantvedic astrology concepts regarding the Navamsa D9 Chart.
The next step is to go further deep into the D9 chart by analysing individual houses. Starting from the 1st house to the 12th house and making necessary conclusions and predictions.
One thing to keep in mind is that one should always check the strength of planet in both charts. If a planet is weak in D1 chart but strong in D9 chart, one can conclude that the planet will start giving good results.
Below are some importantVedic Astrology Concepts to help you Analyse the D9 Navamsa Chart in Depth.
Important Concepts of The D9 Navamsa Chart
Analyse the 7th Lord in D1 Birth Chart and Check the Position in Navamsa Chart
Checking the Lord of the 7th house in D1 chart, we get an idea of which planet is ruling the house of marriage. From here we get to know the spouse personality and spouse type and the qualities that rule the spouse. By checking where the 7th house lord in D1 chart is positioned in D9 navamsa chart, we can figure out what qualities it takes to hold the marriage and cherish and because of which you two are together.
For example, If the 7th house lord is Mars in lagna D1 chart. Mars is situated in the 11th house in D1 chart. But if Mars is also situated in the 6th house in D9 Navamsa chart, we can conclude the following predictions.
- Wealth from the spouse after marriage because 7th house lord Mars is going to the 11th house in D1 chart. 11th house is the house of wealth and gains.
- The Spouse will have a angry irritable personality. Because Mars is ruling the 7th house in D1 chart. Spouse will also be hardworking.
- After marriage, there can be lots of debts being accumulated because the Mars is in the 6th house of Navamsa chart. Spouse may get affected with minor health problems. 6th house represents debts and enemies and diseases. Since there is a relationship between 7th house (Spouse), 11th house(wealth) and 6th house(Debts). We can conclude by saying that there will be lot of wealth after marriage but there can also be debts.
Spouse personality from the 7th house of Navamsa
Moon: When Moon is in the 7th house of Navamsa Chart then the spouse will have a emotional personality. He/She will be beautiful and sexual with a fair complexion and a soft heart and soft spoken.
Sun: When Sun is inResults of 7th Lord of Navamsa or D9 chart the 7th house of Navamsa Chart then the spouse will have an interest in music and instrument, will have self ego and will want self-respect in the society. He may have short height, large head, straight hair etc. When Navamsa Sun in 7th house is strong,The Individual may be from a respectable family background.
Mars:Mars in the 7th house of Navamsa Chart makes the spouse have a very aggressive and irritable personality. The spouse will have anger issues but the spouse will be bold, courageous, brave with lots of energy. The spouse will love to play sports or do activities that involves physical activities, the spouse may also have an interest in cooking.
Venus: Venus in the 7th house of Navamsa Chart makes the spouse will have a very loving and caring personality. The spouse will be good looking and beautiful. The spouse will be fond of luxury items and all sorts of material comforts. The spouse will also love music and creative arts.
Mercury: When Mercury in the 7th house of Navamsa Chart, the spouse will be very communicative and talkative. The spouse will be friendly in nature and be good in education and business. The spouse will be fond of literature and writing.
Jupiter: When Jupiter in the 7th house of D9 chart, the spouse will have a religious, wise and intellectual personality. He or she will be honest as well as well educated and will hold a high status in the society.
Saturn: When Saturn in the 7th house of D9 chart, the house will often have a serious nature. The spouse will be practical, matured and will be serious in terms of doing their karmic duties to gain wealth and serve the society. The spouse will love to mingle around with people who are senior to them and hold a authoritative post in the society.
Rahu: Rahu doesn’t rule any house but when it sits in the 7th house of D9 Navamsa chart, the spouse will have a nature where he/she will be always confused. This also indicates that the spouse will be from a foreign land and will often speak languages that you do not know. This placement represents intercaste marriage.
Ketu: Ketu in the 7th house of Navamsa Chart indicates that the marriage that is going to take place will be very unusual. The spouse will be good in mathematics and numbers, good in computers and will be spiritual. May marriages where a person has 2 spouses is seen from this placement. Such marriages creates a unusual relationship between the siblings where they have many step brothers and sisters.
Results of 7th Lord of Navamsa or D9 chart
The spouse will have the traits of the lord of 7th house from the Navamsha Ascendant.
Moon: If the 7th Lord is Moon then the spouse will be happy, Loved by people, expert in agriculture, talkative, fond of liquids.
Mars: If the 7th Lord is Mars the native will be rich, courageous, ordinary looking, interested in sexual matters, not interested in worshiping God, miser, inclined to bilious problems.
Mercury: If the 7th Lord is Mercury the native will attractive eyes, curly hair, board chest, with love and affection, expert in business rich, intelligent, educated, happy, interested in expensive jewelry and clothes, and has no enemies.
Jupiter :If Jupiter is 7th Lord, the native will a charming personality, attractive eyes, bulging tummy, intelligent, unbiased attitude, courageous, rich, loved by people, artistic inclination, respected by women, has good children and friends.
Venus: If Venus is the 7th Lord, extremely rich, successful, spiritually oriented, does good deeds, good children, enjoys plenty of riches and conveyances, has company of good Person.
Saturn: If Saturn is the 7th Lord, the native will be independent, have high intelligence, lean body, sometimes ill-tempered, angry, not interested in religious affairs, and may lose wealth through litigation and thieves.
Kind of Friendship between the Native and his/her spouse
The nature of level of friendship between a person and his spouse is seen by analyzing the friendship between Lagna Lord and Navamsa Lagna lord. If the signs compliment each other which means that they are both friendly, the the partners are most likely to have a good relationship will less quarrels and good bond. However, if the signs don’t compliment each other, problems can arise between them.
Wealth from Marriage
- If the lord of the Navamsa lagna Chart is present in 2nd or 11th house of Lagna chart then the marriage will bring wealth to the family.
- If the lord of the 7th house in Lagna chart goes to the 11th house in Lagna chart, it indicates wealth after marriage. if the same condition happens with the D9 navamsa chart then, a lot of wealth is going to come after marriage.
- D9-ascendant aspected by a benefic can give a happy married life.
- D9-ascendant lord aspecting D9 is a good combination for a peaceful married life.
- If D9-ascendant happens to be 9th or 12th to the D1-ascendant, physical needs may be very high.
- If D9-ascendant is associated with many malefics, there could be extra-marital relationships.
- If the lord of 3 or 6 or 7 or 10 is posited in the 7th to D9-ascendant your spouse may have a career in law.
- Venus in the 7th to D9-ascendant indicates disharmony in marriage.
- If the lord of 7th in D1-chart is in 6 or 8 or 12 to D9-ascendant, married life may not be pleasant.
- Conjunction of Moon and venus and if one of them is debilitated, there will be no happiness from marriage.
- If the 5th from the D9-ascendant is occupied by Jupiter and venus, you could get ravishing beauty as your wife.
- If the 7th happens to be the house of saturn and if malefic are in it, the spouse could look old or it could be a second marriage.
- If venus is in the amsa of Mars or in the house of saturn without any benefic aspect, there could be sexual perversions.
- If the 7th lord conjuct with the 6th lord and also venus, there will be separation or divorce.