Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow beta released for Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact and Z2 owners
In case you feel like you’ve read this story before, this isn’t the same Xperia Marshmallow beta program we first heard about back in October 2015. That was for an experimental Marshmallow concept rather than pre-release software. So while beta testers in that program might be the only ones to ever see that particular version of Marshmallow on their Xperia phones, this new beta is the early stages of the software that will soon roll out to everyone.
Sony Xperia X series hands-on
The beta firmware going out right now is Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact and Xperia Z2. Once the bugs have been ironed out and everything is stabilized satisfactorily, the same version will roll out to all Xperia owners, starting with the newer devices and trickling down slowly to older phones and mid-rangers.
The program was announced a month ago for Xperia owners in Spain, The Netherlands and Italy, but this is the first beta firmware to be shipped out under the new testing program. Sony has already rolled out Android 6.0 to the Xperia Z5 series and Z3+, so this beta firmware – 23.5.A.0.486 – offers an incremental upgrade over the latest publicly available update.
Changes in the new firmware include the new launcher complete with search in the app drawer, the new Camera 2.0.0 UI which you would have seen in the Xperia Z5 models, and the removal of STAMINA mode. There is no option for adoptable storage and the app setting for doing away with the app drawer and putting all apps on the home screen has now been removed.
What do you think of Marshmallow on the Xperia range? Or did you like the Marshmallow Concept better?
NewsAndroid, Sony, Sony Xperia
Update Sony Xperia Z3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Based Custom ROM
Mobile ⋮ Software
You can now update Xperia Z3 to Android 6 Marshmallow using an unofficial CM13 custom firmware. Based on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, developers have tweaked this custom ROM to be stable, smooth and fast. Bringing all the popular CyanogenMod features, follow this guide to update Xperia Z3 to Android 6.0.1 based CM13 custom firmware.
Note: There might still be some bugs in the ROM as it's a work-in-progress. While the firmware is usable, if you don't have any previous experience with flashing custom firmware, we recommend you to stick to the official releases.
Prerequisites to update Xperia Z3 to Android 6 CM13:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z3 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash unofficial CM13 Android 6.0.1 on Xperia Z3:
Required files: downloadCM13 Android 6.0.1Marshmallow custom firmware for Xperia Z3 and save it on your computer. Extract boot.img file separately.
- Connect your Xperia Z3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z3 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with a USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC, navigate toandroid-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img press Enter.
- fastboot reboot and press Enter.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the unofficial CM13 Android 6.0.1 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Xperia Z3 into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Don't forget to let us know what you think of this custom firmware based on the latest version of Marshmallow.
- Some of the best and stable Android 5.1.1 Custom ROMs
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter
How To Update Xperia Z3 to Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 OTA Marshmallow Custom ROM: Sony released the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow previously. You may already have installed Android Marshmallow on your Z3 but if you want to taste something enhanced then you must try to use a custom ROM. The custom ROM we are going to share in this guide is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow which is fully deodexed and rooted with SuperUser. The good thing in this ROM is, it also supports RXSW v4 OTA updates, so there is no need to flash the ROM again when a new build comes out. Many users have tested the ROM and found it very stable, fast and smooth.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed on your device. A custom recovery is required to flash the ROM and Google Apps zip files on Xperia Z3. You can update Xperia Z3 to Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 Marshmallow custom ROM by following the given detailed guide. Keep in mind that this ROM is not officially released by Sony but just a custom ROM. So you may face some minor bugs or not functioning features. But there is no major bug and you can use it as a daily driver. Now proceed to install Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 OTA Marshmallow Custom ROM on Xperia Z3.
Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 Marshmallow ROM Details:
- Based on the latest Official Stable [23.5.A.0.570]
- RAM Management Tweaked
- Tweaked Interactive Governor
- Tweaked Virtual Memory
- TWRP Recovery 3.0.2, SuperSU 2.71 and Busybox included
- Fully Rooted
- System R/W working [RIC Defeat]
- ByeSELinux for MM
- Signature-check disabled [Superusermod]
- RXSW v4 OTA App [Optimized for MM now]
- Homescreen Off Center
- Fully Deodexed
- Heavily Debloated [No Features missing]
- Sonys ROM has 160mb free System Space and my ROM has over 1,3gb free Space on System
- Camera Addon
- Photo Editor and Movie Creator Addon
- Disabled Mobile Data Notification
- Check the ROM to find even more Features
Download Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 OTA Marshmallow Custom ROM for Xperia Z3
- Your device must have an unlocked bootloader.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Ensure that your Xperia Z3 has enough battery left, preferably above 50%, to prevent any accidental shutdown during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Sony Xperia Z3 from Settings –> Developer Options.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 OTA Marshmallow Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z3
1: – First, download Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 OTA Marshmallow Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z from the above link on the desktop of your computer.
2: – Extractboot.img from the zip file separately.
3: – Connect and mount your Sony Xperia Z3 USB memory on your PC via its USB data cable.
4: – Transfer the downloaded6.0.1 ROM zip file to the root folder of your phone memory / SD card.
5: – Now, move the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
6: – Then turn OFF your phone.
7: – Next, boot your device into Bootloader Mode. To do so, turn ON the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up button while connecting it again with the USB cable. Your phone LED will turn blue and it will get into the Bootloader Mode.
8: – While your Z is now in fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
9: – Type the following command and press Enter.fastboot flash boot boot.img
10: – Then, type the following command and press Enter.fastboot reboot
11: – Next, boot your phone into Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons a few times when you see the LED light turn pink or any other color. You can also follow this guide on How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone.
12: – While the phone is in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
13: – Navigate to the main menu of recovery and tap on the ‘Install’ button. Choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3 from the list.
14: – On the next screen swipe on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option to confirm installation. The installation will begin.
15: – Once the installation completes, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
16: – Reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your phone may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 6.0.1 RXSW v4 OTA Marshmallow Custom ROM on Xperia Z3.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding the above guide.
A first-time boot will take a couple of minutes. Let us know your feedback on RXSW v4 in the comment section below.
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow On Xperia Z3 Compact
Are you looking for a step by step guide how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact? I was doing the same thing before few days. Then I managed to find something that helped me to update Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
In today’s article we are going to learn how to get the latest updates on Xperia Z3 Compact. We managed to find the proper files and bring them into one post so it will be so easy for you to get Android Marshmallow on your device.
Installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Xperia Z3 Compact following our guide, is easy and it consists having the latest Sony Concept firmware and not installing a Custom ROM. So if you are a fan of Sony’s version of Android this is the best way to enjoy Marshmallow. You may find a Custom ROM around but none of them is based on Sony’s Concept firmware.
We are not possible for any damage that may happen to your phone. Even though this method and files are tested before, still things can go wrong. Make sure to follow all the steps carefully and always create a backup of your current ROM just in case you want to revert back. This guide is tested on stock Android 5.1.1 but it should work on other ROMs and versions as well
- Your phone must be rooted. Root Guide is draft
- Just to be safe make a backup. You can do a Nandroid backup on Recovery or use any third-party app.
- Install the proper USB Drivers on your computer.
- Charge your phone up to 70% so it won’t shut down unexpectedly during the process.
- Download TA Backup Tools and unzip the folder.
- Connect your phone to computer and then run backup-ta.bat and follow the instruction.
- Download and install Flashtool.
- Go to C:\Flashtool\drivers” and install flashmode and fastboot drivers. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or 10 then you need to disable driver signature verification.
- Download ROM tft file from this link and put it to “C:\Users\username\.flashTool\firmwares.
- Open flashtool and click on Flash device->Flashmode.
- The tft should appear on the list. Select Wipe APPS_LOG and USERDATA and then click flash and follow the instructions. If it asks for a script simply click NO.
- Wait for the process to finish and then boot your phone normally and go to Settings > About Device > Software Update.
- An update should be available so go for it. Your phone will reboot and then it will install the update. Repeat this step until there is no update available.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the latest Sony Concept Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware.
Z3 marshmallow xperia
Check out Sony's Marshmallow beta for Xperia Z3 (Update: rolling out now!)
What’s more, due to the “fevered interest” of this testing program, Sony has released another batch of invites! If you weren’t able to get your hands on an invite the first time around, now is your chance. Head to the Play Store to download Sony’s Concept for Android application, sign up, and you might be able to score early access.
Remember, you’ll need either an Xperia Z3 (D6603) or Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803) in one of the select markets (listed below) in order to take advantage of the program.
[aa_button text="Download Sony's Concept for Android from Google Play" url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidconcept.signup&hl=en" size="medium" align="center" nofollow="0" color="0" ]
Original post (10/7): Earlier this year Sony announced a new beta scheme called Concept for Android, which allowed Xperia users to trial software builds for their smartphones as they went through the various concept stages. Having allowed users to trial Lollipop, Sony has now decided to allow users to trial the Android Marshmallow update.
[related_videos title=”Sony Xperia in video:” align=”left” type=”custom” videos=”640044,639843,639841,626236,564685,539522″]Like the original initiative, Sony is using the concept to help design and form its Marshmallow update from the ground up based on a few fundamentals: prolonged battery life, smooth and fast performance, a sleek user interface and Sony’s apps and experiences. Sony says that it hopes to use the beta to be more responsive in developing and deploying updates to the Android OS for its Sony smartphones.
The initiative is open to 10,000 users of the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact users in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. If you have one of these devices, head over to the “Concept Sign-up” app (which is only available in these countries) to sign up for the trial but remember, its limited to just 10,000 places so you’ll need to be quick.
Were you part of the original trial and do you plan to sign up for this concept? Let us know your views in the comments below guys!
NewsAndroid, Sony, Sony Xperia
To be careful not to get them dirty. While I was fixing the clasp on the bra, I felt it all over, especially inside the cups. And when I got back to the pool, I thought about him.
You will also be interested:
- Uc emergency department
- Twin psychic connection
- Xfinity camera outdoor
- Prams amazon
- Brass case lube
- Lizeth castro
- Couple app replacement
- Pearson prentice
- My textbooks byu
Hey. - Sveta screamed even more indignantly, looking at how loudly and deeply Masha was doing a blowjob to her husband. But only with. This "hey" her discontent was limited - it was incredibly interesting and exciting to watch Masha being fucked from both sides, even if in front of her Kolya.