Discord is an amazing application that lets you be a part of all kinds of communities. It is a complete social platform where gamers, otakus, and other users can unite and communicate with each other. Players can talk with others and find out common interests.
The best part about using Discord is that most of its services are completely free. Also, Discord is actually available on several different platforms. You are even allowed to use Discord on your smartphone, browser, or PC. It does not matter whichever device you decide to use, as the experience will remain pretty much the same.
How To Change Discord Sounds?
Whenever someone sends you a message, or says something in a text channel, you will receive a notification sound. This is to ensure that Discord alerts you about the message. No matter the type of notification, Discord plays one sound in all of them.
Most users don’t really like this as they want to be able to differentiate sounds between different notifications. If you are also someone who is thinking about the same thing, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will be explaining everything you need to know about how to change Discord sounds. So, let’s get started!
Is it Possible?
So, is it really possible to change sounds in Discord? Well, it mostly depends on the platform that you are using right now. If you are using Discord on a phone, or a browser, then no. However, PC users should rejoice as they have the ability to change sounds in Discord.
Unfortunately, the application does not support changing sounds through the program itself. This is the main reason why you can’t change the sound in both phones and browsers.
However, PC users can do this by simply modifying Discord files.
How Can You Change Sounds?
In order to change sounds in Discord, follow these steps:
- Using your PC, go to AppData\Local\Discord\app-(version)\resources\sounds.
- At the same time, you will want to have a custom sound that you can play as a notification sound in Discord.
- If you don’t have any custom sound, try googling and downloading one online.
- Simply overwrite the sound files which should help you successfully change the sounds in Discord.
Keep in mind that the newer version of Discord has made a slight adjustment to Discord’s sound file directory. You may also be able to find sound files in App Data\Roaming\Discord\app-(version)\Cache. The files starting from f_ are all the sound files. If you mess up anything, simply remove everything and do a fresh install.
The Bottom Line
Ever wonder how you can change Discord sounds? Using this article, we have mentioned how you can achieve this.
Most people use Discord to communicate with each other while playing their favorite video games. Whenever you add music to your Discord voice chats, you make the whole experience much more immersive and entertaining. But how, exactly, can you play songs while chatting with friends in Discord?
In this article, we’ll present you with two simple ways to play tunes while using Discord.
How to Play Music in Discord
There are only two methods for playing music in Discord.
- Use a bot and connect your account to Spotify.
- Play music using a Mic.
How to Add a Music Bot to Discord
Adding a music bot to Discord generally goes as follows:
- Create a server in your Discord with the “+” symbol.
- Name the server and your region.
- Go to a bot’s website and click on the “Invite” or “Add” button.
- Log in to your Discord account.
- Select a server for your music bot, pass the verification, and that’s all there is to it.
How to Play Music in a Discord Call
To include music in your Discord calls, you can set up a bot called Groovy. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the Groovy.bot website, and hit the purple “Add to Discord” button.
- Select a server, press “Authorize,” and check the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Join a voice channel and tell Groovy which song you want the bot to play with the “–play“ command. For instance, you can say, “-play Despacito by Luis Fonsi.”
How to Play Music in Discord Through a Mic
Playing music in Discord through a mic works the same way as through a call. You can also use Groovy and the “–play” command. But first, you’ll need to change some microphone settings on your PC:
- Go to your “Control Panel.”
- Navigate to “Hardware & Sound,” followed by “Manage Audio Devices.”
- Access the “Recording” options.
- Enable “Stereo Mix” and set it to the “default mic.”
You can now join a voice chat and start playing music using Groovy.
How to Play Music in Discord on Android
If you’re using an Android device, you can select a Discord bot from the discordbots.org website. Once you’re there, here’s what you need to do next:
- Hit the “Music” tab to see the list of available music bots. Some of the most popular options are Sinon, MedalBot, and Astolfo.
- Press “View” to find out more about a specific bot and tap the “Invite” button on the bot you wish to add.
- Log in to your Discord account. This will redirect you to the bot’s website, where you’ll need to select a server where you want to play music.
- Tap “Authorize” and the “I’m not a robot” box, which installs the bot to your Discord account.
- Open Discord and head to the “Menu.”
- From the list of servers, choose the one on which you added the bot.
- Join a voice channel and enter the command that tells the bot to play the music. You can find the commands on the bot’s website.
How to Play Music in Discord on iPhone
The MEE6 bot is an excellent choice for playing music in Discord on your iPhone. To set it up, take the following steps:
- Go to MEE6’s website and log in to your Discord account
- Authorize the bot to enter your account.
- Choose the server to which you want to add the bot
- Tap “Plugins” and press “Music.” If this function was previously disabled, tap on “Add.”
- Launch Discord and join a voice channel.
- Type “!search” and enter the song or artist. The bot will list the results.
- Enter the number of the song and add it to your playlist.
- Type “!play” to start listening to music.
How to Play Music in Discord Channel
FredBoat is another bot that lets you play music in Discord. This bot is how you can use the bot:
- Navigate to the Discord login link. If you’re not already logged in to your account, it will redirect you to the log in screen.
- Select a server the bot will use and join a Discord channel.
How to Play Music in Discord Using Rythm Bot
Rythm is one of the most well-known music bots for Discord. Here’s how to get the bot and play music with it:
- Head to the Rythm website and press the “Add to Discord” button located to your right.
- Log in to your Discord account and choose the server where you want to add the bot.
- Hit the “Authorize” button near the bottom of the pop-up window. Check the “I’m not a robot” box, and the bot will be added to the server.
- Open Discord and select the server where the Rythm bot is installed.
- Join a voice channel.
- Type “!play,” followed by a space and the artist or song you wish to listen to. Hit “Enter” and the bot will search for the artist or song on YouTube and play it.
How to Find the Right Discord Music Bot
We’ve named a few Discord bots in this article, including Rythm, Groovy, and FredBoat. Consider the following features when deciding on the right Discord music bot should be a lot easier:
Rythm is one of the most reliable bots you can find. It supports a variety of music sources, such as Twitch, YouTube, and SoundCloud. Moreover, the bot is 100 percent stable, meaning you won’t experience lags in your music.
The most significant benefit of Groovy is that it’s easy to use. It also supports various customization options, such as showing lyrics and shuffling. Overall, it’s an outstanding addition to your Discord server.
FredBoat is very similar to Groovy. The bot is simple and has many valuable features. For example, FredBoat lets you determine who changes the playlists.
How to Play Music in Discord Without a Bot
The only way to play music in Discord without a bot is to connect it to Spotify:
- Launch Discord and go to your “User Settings.”
- Choose “Connections” and locate the Spotify icon under the “Connect Your Accounts” tab.
- Click on the icon, and you’ll be redirected to Spotify’s login page.
- Once the process is over, a notification should say “Connected Your Spotify Account to Discord.”
- Head to Discord and scroll down to check the connection.
You can now start listening to your favorite songs and artists on Discord.
As you can see, setting up music on Discord takes just a few clicks. Connect your Spotify account or see which bot works best, and all your tunes will be in your Discord sessions in no time.
Additional Discord Music FAQs
Here are the answers to some more of your frequently asked questions about Discord music.
What Is the Best Music Bot for Discord?
There are numerous Discord bots to choose from, but Rythm may be the superior bot. As previously mentioned, it lets you play music from various sources, and there’s no risk of lagging. Moreover, the bot is continuously updated, meaning that your service is always at the highest level possible.
Can I play Pandora on Discord?
Unfortunately, Discord does not support Pandora. At the time of writing, there isn’t a Discord bot to make this work either.
But, all hope isn’t lost. With millions of Pandora users, it’s incredibly inconvenient to get left with only Spotify compatibility. Sometimes, the only option is to submit a feature request to Discord. You can submit feedback to Discord and make feature requests. More specifically, there are already a plethora of Pandora-related requests here.
Visit this page and upvote the existing Pandora requests.
Are there any bots that can play music in a private or group call?
Unfortunately no. Many users have requested the option, but there are no bots available to play music in group or private calls. The only workaround to this issue is to create a private server and invite the member(s) to that server to play music using the instructions above.
The Discord platform isn’t just for gamers. It’s a community built around regular text, voice, and video communication online. It’s easy enough to make your own discord server and chat with your friends, but while Discord errors are rare, they can stop you from using the platform.
One unfortunate error that can plague Discord users is a streaming sound issue, preventing users from hearing audio while you’re sharing your screen on Discord (and vice versa). If a Discord stream has no sound, you’ll need to troubleshoot the issue by following the steps below.
1. Check Your Audio Settings
Before you consider more drastic approaches to this issue, the first thing you should do is check your audio settings. You’ll need to set your PC or Mac to use the correct output device (for instance, switching to headphones or external speakers), as well as ensure that the volume levels are high enough.
For Windows users, in particular, this means checking that the audio level for Discord is high enough to hear the audio. Windows allows you to control volume for individual running apps—if the volume is set too low, you won’t be able to hear the stream.
As these volume levels are also used by Discord to determine what others can hear as you’re streaming, it’s important to set them to an appropriate level.
- To check your audio settings on Windows, right-click the audio icon in the notifications area of the task bar. From the menu, select the Open Sound settings option.
- In the Sound settings menu, select the correct output device (for instance, headphones or speakers) from the Choose your output device drop-down menu. Once selected, move the Master volume slider to the right to a level high enough to hear the audio.
- To check the individual volume levels for open apps, you’ll need to open the sound volume mixer (making sure that the Discord client is open first). Right-click the audio icon on the taskbar, then select the Open Volume Mixer option.
- In the Volume Mixer window, move the slider for the Discord app upwards to ensure the volume level is high enough. If it isn’t listed, make sure to select and move the Speakers slider upwards instead. If you’re using the Discord web client, make sure to move the slider for your chosen browser (e.g. Chrome) upwards. If you’re streaming yourself, make sure that any applications you’re screen sharing (such as a game or web browser) have sufficient volume set in the volume mixer.
- To check your audio settings are correctly configured on Mac, you’ll need to open the System Preferences menu. To do this, select the Apple menu icon > System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences menu, select Sound > Output. Select the correct device for sound output (e.g. headphones or speakers) from the list provided, then move the Output volume slider to the right to set the volume. If the Mute checkbox is enabled, make sure to uncheck this.
2. Use Applications in Windowed Mode
If you’re trying to stream a full-screen game on Discord, you may run into issues. This is because Discord (at present) doesn’t support streaming while full-screen applications are open.
This could prevent you (and your audience) from hearing or seeing content as you stream. Where possible, make sure to only use applications that are in windowed mode (either maximized or smaller). If the game enters full screen automatically, you may need to check the settings to change the default display mode.
3. Reset Discord Audio Settings
While changes to Discord’s audio settings can help to improve the quality of a stream or call, it can also cause conflicts if the wrong settings are changed. The best way to resolve this issue is to reset Discord’s audio settings to the default configuration.
If you want to change your audio configuration, reset your voice settings first and start with the defaults to limit potential conflicts.
- To do this, open the Discord desktop app or website and sign in, then select the Settings icon on the bottom left.
- In the Settings menu, select the Voice & Video tab, then select the Reset Voice Settings option at the bottom.
- Discord will ask you for confirmation. Select the Okay button to reset your settings.
4. Change Discord Audio Settings
If your Discord stream has no sound after resetting Discord’s voice settings to the default configuration, you may need to change some of the audio settings manually. You can do this in either the Discord app or using the web client.
- To start, open Discord and select the Settings icon on the bottom left.
- Select Voice & Video from the left-hand menu. If you’re using the desktop app, select the OpenH264 Video Codec slider to switch to an alternative audio codec and disable hardware acceleration.
- You can also disable some voice processing features. Select the slider next to the Advanced Voice Activity and Automatic Gain Control features if certain audio devices (such as your Discord mic) aren’t working as intended.
- Finally, Discord uses Quality of Service (QoS) to ensure Discord calls and streaming has priority over other local network traffic, but this can cause some issues. To disable this feature, toggle the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority slider to disable it, turning the slider gray.
5. Reinstall the Discord App (or Switch to Discord Canary)
In certain rare circumstances, the Discord client itself could be the problem. Reinstalling the Discord app (or switching to it, if you’re using the web client) could be a good fix for potential streaming issues, ensuring the latest updates are installed.
If you’re having trouble, however, you may want to give Discord Canary a try. This is an alpha test build of the Discord client that allows you to test new features and try out new bug fixes ahead of other users.
While a Discord Canary test build can be unstable, it may resolve certain audio issues, thanks to the latest bug fixes. You can download either the latest stable release or Canary build from the Discord website.
6. Check Your Audio Drivers
Windows should install audio drivers automatically, but if you’re using a new PC or if you’re just installed new hardware, you may need to install them yourself to ensure that your audio devices work correctly in Discord.
- To do this on Windows, right-click the Start menu and select the Device Manager option.
- In the Device Manager window, open the Sound, video and game controllers category, then right-click your audio device and select the Update driver option.
- In the Update Drivers menu, select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- If a newer driver is available on your PC, Windows will automatically install it. Otherwise, select the Search for updated drivers on Windows Update option.
- Windows Update will launch in a new window. If any updates are detected, select the Download and install option. Allow the process to complete, then restart your PC.
If Windows can’t find suitable drivers for your device, look for drivers on the manufacturer website. For instance, if you’ve installed a new motherboard, you may need to install new audio chipset drivers for your PC’s audio output to work correctly.
Building a Discord Community
The steps above should help to solve a problem where a Discord stream has no sound, as well as help to fix other issues, such as a robotic voice on stream and RTC connection issues. Once you’re up and running, you can begin to build up your community by adding new Discord bots to play music or help with moderation.
Of course, Discord isn’t the only platform for communities to organize around. There are a number of Discord alternatives you can try, from Slack to TeamSpeak. Gamers may still prefer Discord, however, as gaming-specific features like the in-game overlays make multiplayer games more fun.
Discord and gaming is the perfect combination of fries and sauce. Do you want to know why? Imagine how much fun and exciting it would be to play games together with your friends and squad that are located in different areas of the world like you are actually sitting in a room and having a good time together. Yeah, we thought the same and got very excited. Discord allows you to have game sound as well as you can listen and talk to your buddies without any disturbance.
Are you concerned that you do not know how to have discord and game sound? You do not have to be anxious anymore because we are here to solve your discord sound problems. In this article, we penned down a very effective way so you can follow all the steps to learn and understand how to have discord and game sound altogether. We tried to make everything extra easy so you do not have to confront any complications.
How to have discord and game sound?
- Installing a software
- Adjusting audio settings
- Setting up the software
- Adjusting software settings
- Connecting Voicemeteer and Discord
By default, discord does not let you have discord and game sound at the same time. You will have to adjust the settings of the discord and other applications to get what you have been looking for. We prepared a step-by-step procedure with a detailed description so it will be easy for you to understand and follow the steps. Let’s get started.
1. Installing a software
The first step of the procedure is to install an application or software. Discord does not support gaming sound and discord audio at the same time but fortunately, you can use an application to have discord and game sound at the same time. We would recommend you to get a Voicemeeter potato but you can also have a Voicemeeter or Voicemeeter banana.
The second app you will have to install for the procedure is a VB-audio cable. It is like a virtual audio cable that you can use to transfer data such as sounds or audio from game streaming to any other streaming apps like discord. Make sure you reboot each application after downloading so you do not have to face any system problems later.
2. Adjusting audio settings
The second step of the procedure is to adjust the audio settings of your computer or gaming system. Follow the steps:
- Open settings on your Computer
- Go to the system settings.
- Now, go to the ‘sound’ tab
- You will see ‘Sound Control Panel’ in related settings section, click that!
- Here you’ll find the Voicemeteer in the playback tab. Select it and click on ‘Set Default’ button and apply the settings.
The options can be a little different according to your windows version. In the other sound, tabs look for the different options and select according to your requirements. You can also change the frame rate and refresh rate from the system settings to have an enhanced and improved experience with the discord and gaming sound. Changing the refresh rate and frame rate will help you enhance the speed of your gaming.
3. Setting up the software
The third step of the procedure is to consider setting up the Voicemeeter application to make it work with the discord. Follow the steps below:
- Run the application on your system.
- On the top right side of the application, you will see the hardware output panel. Click on it to adjust the settings.
- Choose speakers as A1 option and set other options such as headphone, mic, and other devices to A2, A3, A4, A5 settings.
- On the left side of the Voicemeeter application, you will see the hardware input panel. Now, change input 1 to the microphone and route the microphone to B2.
- Next, you have to set the VB-audio cable and route the application to A1.
- Adjust the other sound or audio settings of the application according to your requirements and needs.
4. Adjusting software settings
The second last step of the procedure is to adjust the settings of the Voicemeeter.
- In the menu option of the Voicemeeter application, you will have to check the audio engine to restart, system tray, and the volume keys so you can adjust the volume of the Voicemeeter.
- Now go to the settings of Voicemeeter by clicking on the drop- menu and open the settings.
- In the settings, check for the frame rate and refresh rate to match the sound settings of the system.
5. Connecting Voicemeeter and Discord
The last step of the procedure is here. You just have to establish a connection between discord and Voicemeeter so you can run game sounds as well as audio calls on the discord at the same time.
- Open the discord application and locate the settings of discord.
- Now, go to the app settings and find the voice and video settings of the discord.
- In the voice and video settings of the discord, check the input device as the Voicemeeter AUX and the output device as cable input.
- You also have to make sure that automatic input sensitivity is disabled.
- You are all set to enjoy gaming with discord conversation with your buddies.
Since we looked deep into the matter of game sounds and discord conversation, we hope that you must now have understood how to have discord and game sound. The process of enabling the game sounds and discord audio at the same might seem a little difficult to you at first but don’t worry we assure you that this is not as complicated as it might seem to you at first glance. Once you start taking an interest in the procedure with full focus and attention, you will get to know that this is as easy as ABC.
The best way we would recommend you to get rid of this problem efficiently and effectively is to follow every step of the procedure with us that we mentioned above. First, go through the process to look for the factors that you might require and then go back again to start from the first step with us to clear out this problem in a matter of time. Let us do a quick revision. The procedure starts from installing an app and then includes Adjusting audio settings, setting up the software, adjusting software settings, and lastly connecting discord with the downloaded applications.
Tehseen started his blogging journey in 2018. He worked on many websites and blogs in recent years. Here, he shares products reviews and buying guides to help people take the right decision while purchasing different products.
Connect sound discord
Discord join sound mp3 download
Please. Don't put us to shame. - Already calmly continued Kolya. Sometimes, very rarely, Kolya still knows how to be quite normal.
You will also like:
- Iruka wife
- Brown surname ireland
- E in spotify
- Rust kit skins
- Husqvarna vintage
- Toyota struts replacement
- Wpf browser applications
- Pip install tensorrt
My head made a pleasant noise. I wanted Diana even more. Sergei, I completely forgot, I need to meet my mother-in-law at the station today. I'll hit the road for an hour and come.